Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i dont know if anyone can help me since my dealer tells me to watch with jeep directly and jeep tells me to go to the dealer...
it's been two weeks now that im unable to get into Electric mode, having the same message every time i press the full electric button,
(Electric mode temporarily unavailable) nothing more, and on the hybrid mode its barely using my battery.
i've been looking through all post here and there on every forum / website i could but i cant find any correct answer.
its not due to the oil/fuel refresh, i have no check engine light on, i can use everything else properly, i've tryed all 4 wheel drive options on and off, i've tryed warming the whole car in a garage and get straight into electric after starting it, i've also tried when cold outside to get to full electric at start. Well nothing seems to work.
I really think i've tried everything i could.
The car is new, i've bought it 3 weeks ago, it was working well for the first week.
What should i do ?
Thank you.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
The dealer needs to check it, they are the service center for the vehicle, especially if you just bought it. Call and make an appointment then open a ticked with jeep cares so both are involved.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
159 Posts
You’ll need to contact Jeep/FCA Canada at 1-800-465-2001 as that’s the contact provided by @JeepCares (who can only service customers in the USA). Not sure what, if anything, the Canadian side would be able to assist you with.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, i dont know if anyone can help me since my dealer tells me to watch with jeep directly and jeep tells me to go to the dealer...
it's been two weeks now that im unable to get into Electric mode, having the same message every time i press the full electric button,
(Electric mode temporarily unavailable) nothing more, and on the hybrid mode its barely using my battery.
i've been looking through all post here and there on every forum / website i could but i cant find any correct answer.
its not due to the oil/fuel refresh, i have no check engine light on, i can use everything else properly, i've tryed all 4 wheel drive options on and off, i've tryed warming the whole car in a garage and get straight into electric after starting it, i've also tried when cold outside to get to full electric at start. Well nothing seems to work.
The car is new, i've bought it 3 weeks ago, it was working well for the first week.
What should i do ?
Thank you.
Add more than 4 gallons to the fuel tank, it should reset

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4XE
3 Posts
Same situation here, mine's 2 weeks old, same error message as your's, no FORM message, would go to full electric while in the garage, but about 1km into the cold outside(-20C), it will switch to hybrid and wouldn't let me switch back to electric, will contact dealer tomorrow to see what's wrong.

·
Registered
2021 4xe
11 Posts
How do you know it’s not the Fuel and Oil Refresh Mode?

Mine had plenty of issues with this, but still ended up being something to do with FORM.

I had ended up refueling, running my engine for longer than 25 minutes (driving 60-70 mph)…
One time it chimed and messaged “fuel and oil refresh mode complete”. It turned off for one drive, then started back up for another couple weeks.

Latest attempt worked— I kept putting it in “e-save” for every trip I took that day. The last trip was about 30 minutes driving mostly on the freeway at 60+ mph (90 mph, briefly and mostly out of frustration). Couple of times I ended up gunning it to nearly 100% power.
It never messaged me that the FORM was completed, but I’m able to access electric/hybrid mode now. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I honestly think it’s just some sort of programming issue. There’s no reason why I needed to burn through nearly 2 tanks of gas and driving like a maniac to clear it.

Also, I’m not saying THIS is the same issue you’re having, but I thought I would share my experience.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What month production is y'all's vehicles? Have you had the latest software updates from the dealer? I'm having other failures with mine right now, but the dealer mentioned that there were 7 updates available for my March '21 production wrangler.

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon
34 Posts
Same issue here. I saw the FORM message once but since it's gotten cold out, I can't get into electric mode at all. Waiting for a warm snap to see if that changes it. Also noticed since it's cold that remote start will start the gas engine so I chalked up the no electric mode issue to the cold weather. If it's like this all winter, that will be disappointing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
What should i do ?
Thank you.
They have to look at it!!! Make appointment, if they refuse call another dealer and get Jeep Canada involved!!!
Good luck, mine at the dealer right now for a similar issue but I did finally get at
FORM code.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So i went to my dealer he said it's really FORM and suddently when he gave me the jeep back i had the FORM message for the first time, i tried everything to get lose of it like they asked me to do, nothing worked!
I decided to wash my car completely, i was able for 3 days to get into Electric mode. So i realised i had to wash the bottom of my car to keep it clean if i want the battery to work and be able to get into electric. what a Joke... im speachless...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What month production is y'all's vehicles? Have you had the latest software updates from the dealer? I'm having other failures with mine right now, but the dealer mentioned that there were 7 updates available for my March '21 production wrangler.
how do you do those updates? you have to ask the dealer?

·
Registered
120 Posts
at a Car wash, and everytime i exit the car wash i turn off/on the car and electric mode works.
Once the 4xe is cold, no electric mode available, Jeep’s says that’s how it’s supposed to work!?!?!? Once northern Americans start to get cold weather this board will explode with complaint!!! I traded mine back in after 41 days for a gladiator!!!! Good luck

·
Registered
351 Posts
@Mllcb42
Do you know of any modules located under the vehicle that might have internal temperature sensors that would prevent the operation of Electric Mode? IDCM? Maybe hitting it with hot water or a sudden humidity change is something worth checking in to?

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
@Mllcb42
Do you know of any modules located under the vehicle that might have internal temperature sensors that would prevent the operation of Electric Mode? IDCM? Maybe hitting it with hot water or a sudden humidity change is something worth checking in to?
I suppose such a thing is possible. That'd be a very odd place for a temp sensor though. I would think a more likely scenario would be someone going through a slow car wash sitting with the engine idling, causing the oil to come up to temp long enough to satisfy FORM or something along those lines.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've very interested to watch this thread. Four days ago I took delivery of my Rubicon 4xe. I live up in Utah by the ski resorts. On day three I started getting this message and I cannot put it into electric mode. I do not see any messages or notifications about FORM or anything else.

This is literally the reason that I purchased this vehicle. I work from home and everything I need is 20 miles round trip. From groceries to the top parking lot of a few ski resorts, I was planning on electric mode. Not awesome.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I've very interested to watch this thread. Four days ago I took delivery of my Rubicon 4xe. I live up in Utah by the ski resorts. On day three I started getting this message and I cannot put it into electric mode. I do not see any messages or notifications about FORM or anything else.

This is literally the reason that I purchased this vehicle. I work from home and everything I need is 20 miles round trip. From groceries to the top parking lot of a few ski resorts, I was planning on electric mode. Not awesome.
Yup!!! Traded mine after 41 days for a gladiator. Now if that doesn’t prove it I don’t know what will!!! Electric just doesn’t work right in the cold, and I’m not jumping through hoops burning piles of gas to make it work.
You have a heavy 4 cylinder gas Jeep for the winter. Warm weather the electric works ok.
Cheers

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yup!!! Traded mine after 41 days for a gladiator. Now if that doesn’t prove it I don’t know what will!!! Electric just doesn’t work right in the cold, and I’m not jumping through hoops burning piles of gas to make it work.
You have a heavy 4 cylinder gas Jeep for the winter. Warm weather the electric works ok.
Cheers
See posts FORM failure, FORM failure update, and such
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
So a quick update after reading this thread. I haven't owned it long enough to use a tank of gas. It was just above half a tank.

Right now I drove to the gas station and turned off the vehicle. I started it up again and tried to put it in electric mode and had the same error notification.

I filled it up which was about 7 gallons. I started the vehicle again and it went right into electric mode with no problems.

Is that super weird?

1 - 20 of 100 Posts