Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do I get a prompt saying electric mode is not currently available when I switch on electric mode? This does not happen all the time, but it is frustrating.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Why do I get a prompt saying electric mode is not currently available when I switch on electric mode? This does not happen all the time, but it is frustrating.
Have you had a tank of gas for awhile. I know it will burn the gas if it’s been in there awhile.

I’m assuming you’re charged up as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have asked about this as well and from what I have seen online and observed it appears to possibly be protection built into the system. In my case, it happens when I am low on battery (5-8%) and have been driving at 65+mph. It happens pretty consistently on my commute which is 22/24 miles each way but the middle of the commute is all interstate so I am regularly doing 65 to 75 mph and near the end when low on battery it kicks on the gas engine - then when I exit and going slower speeds it will go back to electric. Not sure I have answered anything for you but sharing an observation I think there is just not enough power left OR the batteries/system has gotten hot enough that it kicks you off the battery-only mode.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have observed this when driving on highway speeds 70+ MPH and going up hills. For me it appears to be tied to hotter temperatures outside and reduced battery performance.
Electric mode is somewhat of a joke to me. This is hardly a fully electric vehicle if I can’t even drive home on the freeway without it flipping the ICE on

·
Registered
82 Posts
For me I get the message any time i'm cruising fast on electric mode at like 75 or 80mph. It can kick on as early as 22%. I think the batteries get hot and the jeep has to cool the batteries and it says stop. I'm in SAT and it gets to 100 degrees F (40 C). I have also noticed when I throw it in the garage to charge, it may not charge right away and i will come in an hour later and it did start to change and the fans are running full blast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts