Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just past 1300 miles in my 4xe, with about 50% of that running on electric-only. Fortunately I live in an urban area where I'm rarely traveling more than 20 miles per day or over 60 mph with frequent 0-40-0 traffic, so that fits well with the use case for this system. However, I'm noticing the electric range calculation is getting better at predicting electric range. This morning, with 89% battery remaining, it's predicting 24 miles on electric. This weekend, I was at 40% and it was predicting 15 miles. I've also driven 5 miles on 1% battery. Hopefully that's a sign that the system is adapting to my habits and getting better at forecasting. It's a bummer, though, because the EPA estimate of 21 miles disqualifies the 4xe for some EV benefits, when in fact it could probably have scored better. Oh, well. No complaints from me!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've seen anywhere from 22 to 27 miles on my electric range. It's highly dependent on my driving habits and aircon use. I've actually changed my commute to avoid the interstate and take the surface streets, since the Wrangler is a bit aerodynamically challenged above 65mph.

I am curious how the electric range will change during this upcoming winter.

·
Registered
613 Posts
I've seen anywhere from 22 to 27 miles on my electric range. It's highly dependent on my driving habits and aircon use. I've actually changed my commute to avoid the interstate and take the surface streets, since the Wrangler is a bit aerodynamically challenged above 65mph.

I am curious how the electric range will change during this upcoming winter.
Saves your windshield and hood from all the highway shrapnel too.

May take a few more minutes but the reduced stress and damage is well worth it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts