Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried to search this forum for redundancy, but it seems like this hasn't been brought up yet.
Has anyone looked into aftermarket solutions for engine hood locks. I just asked the dealer if Mopar was offering any options for 4xe. I don't think it will be model specific, but standard Rubicon would be applicable as well...
Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
I have the Bolt JL hood lock on mine. Works great and use your own key to code.
Great lock but it won’t work if you have the front facing camera.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I know this is late, but Tazer mod looks like it can tie the hood opening with the alarm. I think that would be best option.
From their site, and it works on 4XEs!
– Hood Alarm – When the vehicle theft alarm is armed, monitors hood activity and will sound
the alarm and flash light shows if opened.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I have the Bolt JL hood lock on mine. Works great and use your own key to code.
Did you have to cut the grill for it to fit the Bolt lock or were you able to use the Bolt grill insert?

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
24 Posts
Did you have to cut the grill for it to fit the Bolt lock or were you able to use the Bolt grill insert?
You have to cut the grill but it is pretty easy to do and they provide a template to make aligning your cuts easy. You will also need a 1/4-inch heavy duty hand riveter to secure the large pop rivets provided. Someone else here may have found a better way to secure them but I got the hand riveter since I needed to do some additional sheet metal work elsewhere. I also picked up the "Rival 4x4 2A.ST.2702.1 Hood Lift Kit for 18-22 Jeep Wrangler JL & 20-22 Gladiator JT" which made it easier to open and hold the hood open. Like @Skades89 mentioned, you won't be able to use the front camera or most grill modifications for that matter. You "may" be able to hack the grill camera placement but grill mods are a little more difficult to get around. Hope this helps and happy trails!!!

Forgot to add a pic so here you go (a close up of the cuts needed):
Blue Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

1 - 8 of 8 Posts