Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something interesting I noticed while adjusting my seat position - if you floor it in park with the 4xE on, the engine runs until you release the accelerator. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing FCA had a good reason for doing that.

Any PHEV experts out there have an idea as to why?

·
Registered
701 Posts
I'm no expert, but I suspect there could be a need for mechanics (or just anyone testing) to rev the engine at park. Say like you change the spark plugs, etc.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Something interesting I noticed while adjusting my seat position - if you floor it in park with the 4xE on, the engine runs until you release the accelerator. I'm not sure why but I'm guessing FCA had a good reason for doing that.

Any PHEV experts out there have an idea as to why?
Perhaps a fail safe during jump start? As I understand it the 12v system is only charged ~every three weeks from the HV battery and if the 12v battery is dead the vehicle won’t start regardless of HV battery state, If not for this I think it would be hard to keep the engine on (and stationary) just after jump starting.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Perhaps a fail safe during jump start? As I understand it the 12v system is only charged ~every three weeks from the HV battery and if the 12v battery is dead the vehicle won’t start regardless of HV battery state, If not for this I think it would be hard to keep the engine on (and stationary) just after jump starting.
He engine will start when on and in park if the hood is raised too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts