Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone think it is a good idea to buy an extended warranty on the 2021 4xe because it is new? Please let me know what you think. My 4xe is now at the dealer after my order was placed on 4/27 but they tell me they can’t have it ready until next week for me to pick up. In the meantime, they are pushing me to purchase an extended warranty plan because “it has such complicated electronics”.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Does anyone think it is a good idea to buy an extended warranty on the 2021 4xe because it is new? Please let me know what you think. My 4xe is now at the dealer after my order was placed on 4/27 but they tell me they can’t have it ready until next week for me to pick up. In the meantime, they are pushing me to purchase an extended warranty plan because “it has such complicated electronics”.
You have 3 years/36000 miles to make the decision on buying an extended warranty. The only reason to buy one at the purchase of the car is if you really think you need it and want to roll it into the car loan.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I personally would recommend it as there are more electronics on the vehicle that are prone to leaving you stranded.

A few things to consider:
- do you plan to keep it long term or trade it in every couple years.

If your answer is long term an extended warranty may be for you

- the model you have for example if you have a Rubicon there are more parts to go bad

If you get a fully loaded 4xe at any trim level it may be a good idea

- what type of deal is the dealership willing to give

Most dealerships get a cut of the warranty they sell. Usually they will throw a higher level of warranty in for a lower rate. Always a good idea to negotiate that part especially if you are paying closer to MSRP.

- what does your financing look like?

If you are close to the max you can spend on a car you may not be able to afford the payment.

If the interest rate is higher then 3% you may just want to pay for the warranty rather then rolling it into your payment

- remember the batter is not included in the extended warranty. It has a 10 year warranty from the government. The dealership takes care of that.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
83 Posts
I got talked into buying the extended warranty because of all the new electronics. I do keep vehicles for a long time so hopefully this gives me the mindset of an insurance payment that I’ll never have to use it, lol.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I got talked into buying the extended warranty because of all the new electronics. I do keep vehicles for a long time so hopefully this gives me the mindset of an insurance payment that I’ll never have to use it, lol.
That is exactly how to think of it.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
I still have the same 4runner I bought when I was 16. I hate getting new phones and cars and plan to keep this Rubicon at least a decade so I purchased the max warranty for piece of mind.

If you plan to keep it short term then just lease it and have the dealer roll in the $7500 rebate, your payment will be quite low.

·
Registered
80 Posts
If you want 4xe 2021 model only leasing make sense to me. If you want to do mods and stuff don’t buy 2021 model. it is full of issues already and extended warranty doesn’t cover everything. Lease enjoy it and if it working well for you can just buy it. If it is full of trouble give it back to them at the end of the warranty!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don’t buy an extended warranty, period! Look at all the scams going on right now offering “extended warranties” then look at all the profit companies make on “extended warranties”. Best Buy makes more on warranties than they do on the products…they’re never worth it!!! Just put the money you’d spend on the warranty into a CD or savings account and use it to pay expenses if needed…99% of you will have money in the bank long after the car/truck is gone.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I wouldn’t get warrant,when factory battery warranty is up buy new vehicle,I’ve heard to get rid of any hybrid when battery warranty is up.from past automotive background Some warranties weren’t worth the paper they were written on,manufactor warranties seems to be the best

1 - 9 of 9 Posts