Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 4xe Rubicon is on order with an expected delivery date sometime in the next 3 - 16 weeks. Quick question on extended warranty options while I am waiting for delivery. The dealership was somewhat cryptic on the extended warranty options noting we would discuss them during the final finance portion of the sale. I was able to learn Jeep offers a 100,000 miles / 7 year extended warranty to the basic warranty. Is this accurate? and if so, how much does this package cost? I also mentioned I plan to lift the 4xe and was told they have a separate extended warranty for lifts? Never heard of this type warranty and am a bit dubious. Did anyone get either of these? Any information would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You may get a better response to this question if you put it in one of the Facebook groups. The folks in the "Jeep Wrangler 4x3 Owners Group" are pretty responsive and knowledgeable. I'm interested in responses to this as well. Thanks for posting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Generally speaking, for Mopar warranties, the best place to buy from is not the dealer. You're never going to get a great price from the dealer you buy from.

I have always bought Mopar warranties from Ziegler (Save $$ on Genuine Mopar Vehicle Protection Warranty Plan!). They are super quick, they are very cheap (basically cost + a hundred or two hundred bucks), and they are legit. Also easy to cancel if you sell the car.

You can buy up to 8 years of warranty coverage (starts the date of your car's in service date).

No clue about lift warranties. Never heard of that. Sounds like something a dealer would give you if you pay their cost for installing the lift.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know the warranties are pretty complex. Battery 100k for non-zev. Powertrain 5yr/60k which states gas engine but doesn't mention starter/generator; transmission section states everything internal which would cover the main e-motor. Emissions 100k warranty covers the miscellaneous hybrid components. So it seems basically everything is stated but for the small e-motor that serves as a starter/generator/e-motor. Does anyone know how it is covered?

·
Registered
110 Posts
I got a platinum bumper to bumper 10 year / 100,000 mile for $2850…. I’m sure I could have squeezed someone for $2500. Warranties as of right now are not pricing in the electric drivetrain… I would get one but you knew that already :)

Lifted Mopars w/warranty are at dealer discretion… lots of Jeep forums with this topic.

I like to think of EV cars like my iPhone… is my battery going to need replaced in 5 years vs what’s the chance I’m gunna just trade it in for an upgrade when I get there. My wife has a XC90 I8… and I fully intend to trade that in for the latest cool tech feature in time. This jeep… not so much…it hasn’t changed much in 14 years, I look forward to the first time I try and copy someone in the forum that DIY swaps their battery for 2x capacity :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts