Well it happened again, this time there’s no going back. Oil gained about an inch on the dip stick, fuel in the oil. Bringing it to the dealer in the am.
So here’s how it went and what I noticed.
1. Form is only supposed to activate every 90 days. It’s a program, there are no sensors for the oil and gas has been refreshed to the tune of 6 god damn tanks of fuel in a month!!!! I only have 2700kms on the thing?!?!?
2. Form kicks in every time it gets below -10 Celsius, this weekend hit -25 Celsius .
On Friday when it was +5, I decided to satisfy the form requirements just in case me resetting the oil monitor could cause a potential issue. To get the oil up to 206 degrees Fahrenheit I had to drive up and down the trans Canada highway at 100km/hr and in 4 gear. Every time I tried to down shift into 5 it dropped down to 204 degrees Fahrenheit. 30 mins on the highway. Fuel added $40 of regular.
3. Sunday morning storm and -25 Celsius. Plugged in all night. Remote start, gas engine fires up.
Refuses to go into electric mode. This time, no reason. Got home, shut down. Says plug in for battery conditioning?!?. Oh ok, only used 3% of the battery. Plugged in. Went out later in day. Same thing, no electric mode and no reason.
4. Monday morning -17 Celsius. remote start, gas engine fires up. No electric mode and no reason.
Im fed up, but notice this happens every time it gets cold….it’s friggen Canada!!!! This thing better be built for our climate!!! For gods sakes people here own Tesla’s!!!!!
5. When I get to work bring it right into my work bay. It’s 20 degrees in the shop. I keep it in all day.
At 5pm, check the oil and to my surprise it’s over by about an inch!?!?!? Called the dealer and they tell me not to start it. I said, I’ll check if I can get it into electric mode to get home. It works!!!! As long as the Jeep is driven in Florida or California we are all good!!!!!!
6. Monday 5:30pm. -17 Celsius. Only made it 3 blocks and the gas engine kicked in…..and this time it’s not happy!!!! Shutter and thunk!!!! Let’s me know it’s back in FORM mode and the electric is temporarily unavailable!!!!!
Jeep if you read this…You have a [email protected]
#$&*% problem with your FORM mode!!!!
Mike the very unhappy millwright!!!!!