Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the 4xe Wrangler (Sahara) come with any factory default tinting? I'm getting one with hardtop, so wondering if any of the windows (front, back, sides) have any tinting straight out of production. I didn't see that as an option while building. If not, is that something the dealer can do before pickup, or thoughts on pre-cut tinting film from amazon?

·
Registered
56 Posts
2021 4XE in Gecko Green — color matched $2500~ hard top — the rear glass is tinted around 20% (approx) — and I just had the fronts match — but the weather sucks here so no photos. But I think tint shop MAY have taken a photo of the post-work let me check BRB —

TL;DR
YES the rear will be tinted, fronts not obviously

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Car

Cannot find any post-tint photos from the shop and just had it done 2 days ago but — this is when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership new about 10 days ago. You can really see through the front glass but not the rear, so this clearly shows the factory tint on the hardtop.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks for that info and the photo.. and that's a nice color!!
I assume that back/rearview window is tinted the same as the back side windows.
Indeed. So the rear door windows, rear quarter windows, and rear cargo window (5x panes) are all dark. When I went Friday to have my windows tinted I asked them what % would match best they said 20% — and that is what I have had done. It is dark/overcast here but if I go out later and can snap a photo with the fronts matched I’ll reply with a photo then. For now, I can just say it looks uniformed —the 5x panes to the 2x fronts that i had matched.

·
Registered
901 Posts
View attachment 2757

Cannot find any post-tint photos from the shop and just had it done 2 days ago but — this is when I picked up the vehicle from the dealership new about 10 days ago. You can really see through the front glass but not the rear, so this clearly shows the factory tint on the hardtop.
That's going to be an attention getter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.