Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the same problem although I wasn’t driving at the time. My 4xe is bricked.... been at the dealership for almost a week now and no one there has any idea what the issue is. I was told it might need a new wiring harness or a whole new hybrid battery system. Super frustrating for how much I spent on this thing. I only have 700km on it.
Trying to at least get them to give me a loaner vehicle but they say too bad since I didn’t buy the service package?! I am a long time Jeep owner (this is my forth). Disappointed that it feels like Jeep couldn’t give a sh*t

·
Registered
20 Posts
@JeepCares

I just had this happen tonight on the freeway. I had been on a 2 day camping trip and was about an hour from home, in heavy traffic, on a highway with no shoulders. Luckily the speed was slow because after the fault it went totally limp and told to stop the car and put in park. I quickly stopped, put in park, and it came back on before I got rear ended, but I was shaken. There were no messages stored, but it did send a uconnect message saying "Charge Now. Charge fault". It clearly erroneously thought it was being charged and something was wrong, even though it was actually being driven. They need to fix this now!

·
Registered
16 Posts
@JeepCares

I just had this happen tonight on the freeway. I had been on a 2 day camping trip and was about an hour from home, in heavy traffic, on a highway with no shoulders. Luckily the speed was slow because after the fault it went totally limp and told to stop the car and put in park. I quickly stopped, put in park, and it came back on before I got rear ended, but I was shaken. There were no messages stored, but it did send a uconnect message saying "Charge Now. Charge fault". It clearly erroneously thought it was being charged and something was wrong, even though it was actually being driven. They need to fix this now!
Damn I’m so sorry to hear. That’s terrifying! Mine bricked itself completely while stationary luckily. I had my family with me during the trip I was on and I would be beyond LIVID at FCA if they put my family in danger in a situation like yours with a brand new vehicle. Makes me wonder if a great deal of these should be yanked off the road immediately before someone gets hurt!! @JeepCares time for a serious talk with headquarters!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Not a good situation, and it’s been mentioned in other threads, but have any of you checked to see if all of your fuses are properly seated? Under hood, passenger side behind battery, under the black cover, please check them! It would be great if you could report back your findings, I’d be more than curious to know if any were loose and a possible culprit to what’s going on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not a good situation, and it’s been mentioned in other threads, but have any of you checked to see if all of your fuses are properly seated? Under hood, passenger side behind battery, under the black cover, please check them! It would be great if you could report back your findings, I’d be more than curious to know if any were loose and a possible culprit to what’s going on here.

There did seem to be some unseated fuses in there but my issue is 100% something far more serious. Dealer told me it’s either a whole wiring harness or a complete hybrid battery they needs to be replaced.
Came across this link last night and it seems very likely in my case and a lot of others.

·
Registered
20 Posts

I had already checked the fuses a couple of weeks ago to be cautious. I'm almost at 2k miles and thought I was one of the lucky ones until last night on the highway.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the update, I think that linked article is for a completely different vehicle, it’s referenced in another thread here and was followed up that it was unrelated to our 4xe issues.

·
Registered
2021 JLU 4xe HA
26 Posts
I had heard about the fuses, so I had checked mine when I got it, about 50% were not seated all the way. However, I had the same thing happen while driving on a busy freeway. Was able to pull over and stop (without getting hit). Power cycled a couple of times and the car ran fine, no stored codes. That was at 300miles. When I got home double checked the fuses and about 10 were still a little loose and not seated all the way. After that, haven't had any issues since (now at 800miles).

·
Registered
201 Posts
@JeepCares

]
Hey, Kirk. We would like to discuss your concerns further. When you have a moment, please send our team a private message with more details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

·
Registered
201 Posts
I already did about 15 minutes ago.
Sorry for the delay, Kirk. I see your private message now and will continue to work with you there.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 12 of 12 Posts