Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering how this works. I used Qmerit to get a bid on a full install of a charging station…the bid came in at $1500. The maximum is $1000 credit, is this guaranteed? I’m guessing that when I file my taxes for 2021 there will be a line on the tax form for the credit? 30% off of a charger would be another line on the tax form?

Also wondering is $1500 too much to pay? It’s a 45 foot run from the main panel in the basement (exposed floor joists) up the floor into the garage then another 15 feet to where a NEMA 6-50 outlet will be(garage walls also exposed).

14-50 vs 6-50? What’s the difference?

About to make the jump to a 4xe and want to be informed. Thanks for all the help on this. ✌

·
Registered
553 Posts
$1500 is similar to the quotes I got for a 75’ run. I went with a Switchvolt since my dryer is right next to my garage. Works great for $300.

My understanding is the tax credit is 30% up to $1000. So on a $1500 bill it would be $500

·
Registered
58 Posts
This might not help you much but also check with your local power company. Mine also offers $1,000, $250 off any charger purchased from them and also special EV rates for charging.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
$1500 is similar to the quotes I got for a 75’ run. I went with a Switchvolt since my dryer is right next to my garage. Works great for $300.

My understanding is the tax credit is 30% up to $1000. So on a $1500 bill it would be $500
Ok yeah you’re right. Reading it again it’s 30% off of the purchase and installation.

What’s a switchvolt? My dryer is on the same wall as the garage.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This might not help you much but also check with your local power company. Mine also offers $1,000, $250 off any charger purchased from them and also special EV rates for charging.
Thanks, my local company is in the process of getting a rebate form together. No clue how much it will be though. 🤞

1 - 9 of 9 Posts