Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our 2022 Sahara 4xe (Granite Crystal Metallic) for a few weeks now, and I love him! However, I'm surprised and disappointed to find that even after a second year of the 4xe, there are very few accessories in either of the two 4xe blue shades. Aside from the badging, the only other accent on the Sahara is the tow hooks, which I love with our Jeep color but the stock bumpers...not so much. We're changing our bumpers, which means we'll likely have to lose those tow hooks unless my hubs can do some sort of mods. I'm trying to find other things to accent but between the maddening TWO shades of blue that Jeep used and the lack of accessories in either of those shades, we basically just have a gray Jeep. Anyone find any cool 4xe-blue upgrades/accessories?

·
Registered
115 Posts
the only thing I have found in the right color blue is those interior pieces and exterior pieces that tape on to the door hinges and handles and all the interior stuff. Those are too tacky for my taste, so I left my Wife's and my Daughter's alone. It don't take much to overdo it on these thing.

·
Registered
2023 JLUR 4xe
75 Posts
the only thing I have found in the right color blue is those interior pieces and exterior pieces that tape on to the door hinges and handles and all the interior stuff. Those are too tacky for my taste, so I left my Wife's and my Daughter's alone. It don't take much to overdo it on these thing.
Yeah, less is more. What I did, was I painted my own accessories to match and that way it’s some nice pops of color

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, less is more. What I did, was I painted my own accessories to match and that way it’s some nice pops of color
Exactly! Those trim kits have WAY more than we want (just want the pop of color here and there, like StormCloud said), and I don't trust that the colors will be a match. Even the coasters we got were the wrong shade of blue despite the pictures, and you can't even see those.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended getting the factory blue tow hooks when I replaced my bumper. View attachment 5912
I'm still hoping there is a way to put our factory tow hooks on our new bumpers, but the hubs said it's not lookin' good. I'm sure we'll end up trying to paint the new ones like other people, since there doesn't seem to be any other option.

·
Super Moderator
103 Posts
I'm still hoping there is a way to put our factory tow hooks on our new bumpers, but the hubs said it's not lookin' good. I'm sure we'll end up trying to paint the new ones like other people, since there doesn't seem to be any other option.
Depending on the bumper you get, you should be able to use the factory tow hooks. My 4xe came with the black tow hooks. I went with this bumper MP Concepts Front Bumper. It came with red tow hooks but they were not the same as the factory tow hooks. I did get the blue Mopar tow hooks and they fit fine.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Depending on the bumper you get, you should be able to use the factory tow hooks. My 4xe came with the black tow hooks. I went with this bumper MP Concepts Front Bumper. It came with red tow hooks but they were not the same as the factory tow hooks. I did get the blue Mopar tow hooks and they fit fine.
We already have our new bumpers, and our factory hooks don't fit :( Ahh well, we'll find other stuff to accent.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Factory Tow Hook color already does not match the other blue accents on the 4xe - that is why I ended up painting mine - to better match the blue in the other highlights on the Jeep.
I know, it's the weirdest thing that Jeep has done since making the rust-colored dash panel standard, lol. I prefer the shade of blue on the badging to the shade on the tow hooks.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What's the proper color to use to match the accents?
I read that the badging is Surf Blue and the tow hooks are Lagoon Blue. Since Jeep isn't making accessories, the big challenge becomes trying to find things that match one of these shades (which are never/rarely called "surf" or "lagoon," but instead some version of "light," "baby," "cyan," or things like that).

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (Ordered)
328 Posts
I read that the badging is Surf Blue and the tow hooks are Lagoon Blue. Since Jeep isn't making accessories, the big challenge becomes trying to find things that match one of these shades (which are never/rarely called "surf" or "lagoon," but instead some version of "light," "baby," "cyan," or things like that).
Yes - I used Mopar Surf Blue Pearl (PQD) to paint the tow hook in the rear and the D-rings on my Venator bumper. I am not sure this exactly "matches" the accents on the badges and decals, but it is close and the color looks amazing.

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes - I used Mopar Surf Blue Pearl (PQD) to paint the tow hook in the rear and the D-rings on my Venator bumper. I am not sure this exactly "matches" the accents on the badges and decals, but it is close and the color looks amazing.
I really like the way it looks on your Rubicon. Did you use the aerosol? How many coats? And did you use a clear coat to seal it? If so, same questions on if you used aerosol and how many coats?

·
Registered
328 Posts
I really like the way it looks on your Rubicon. Did you use the aerosol? How many coats? And did you use a clear coat to seal it? If so, same questions on if you used aerosol and how many coats?
Thanks! I used aerosol paint - 4 coats - no clear coat. The gloss is very good from the paint and I wanted to be able to touch it up easily.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Additional blue accents I have added that are a decent match to the main blue accent color:

Grab handles from Etsy (picture looks more purple than they look IRL):
Vehicle Car Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part

and instrument dial covers from Amazon:
Car Gear shift Vehicle Light Automotive design

I also have the carbon fiber charge port cover with the blue "e":
Automotive parking light Motor vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

and my custom tire cover - Honey Badger Edition (also ordered badges too with this logo - will see if I actually put them on the Jeep):

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Automotive side marker light

OK I am starting to feel like I am that guy that has added too much 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
2022 Sahara 4xe
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Additional blue accents I have added that are a decent match to the main blue accent color:

Grab handles from Etsy (picture looks more purple than they look IRL):
View attachment 5924

and instrument dial covers from Amazon:
View attachment 5925

I also have the carbon fiber charge port cover with the blue "e":
View attachment 5926

and my custom tire cover - Honey Badger Edition (also ordered badges too with this logo - will see if I actually put them on the Jeep):

View attachment 5927

OK I am starting to feel like I am that guy that has added too much 🤷‍♂️
Ha, no, you haven't added too much! I think I may have leaned towards a little lighter of a shade than you, so now I'm hoping that everything matches each other and our Jeep... These grab handles from Amazon are awesome - the perfect shade of blue for our intentions so far (but with some gray flecks) and no squeaking! The color shown is accurate. Etsy is a dangerous, dangerous site, lol
Screenshot Font Sleeve Parallel Elbow

1 - 20 of 30 Posts