Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
I painted mine. Autozone GM metallic blue off the shelf. I think it's DAMN close.

I taped off the bumper as best I possibly could, put a blanket on the grill/hood/fenders, and away we went.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (Ordered)
328 Posts
I painted mine. Autozone GM metallic blue off the shelf. I think it's DAMN close.

I taped off the bumper as best I possibly could, put a blanket on the grill/hood/fenders, and away we went.
Pics?

Taking the rear tow hook off to paint was super easy - 4 bolts. The front tow hooks - that's another story - to get them off you have to remove the entire bumper (at least with the plastic front bumper), which is not hard, but it is time consuming depending on what tools you have.

·
Registered
2023 JLUR 4xe
75 Posts
Pics?

Taking the rear tow hook off to paint was super easy - 4 bolts. The front tow hooks - that's another story - to get them off you have to remove the entire bumper (at least with the plastic front bumper), which is not hard, but it is time consuming depending on what tools you have.
A lot of people just cover the bumper with plastic and paint away. From the pics I saw, it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
2023 JLUR 4xe
75 Posts
Mopar PQD should be the paint color code if you order the OEM paint. That's for Surf Blue. You can also get the Dupli-Color Bahama Blue that is an identical match. You can just do a google search for either of those to find what's available to you, but Auto Zone by me has the Dupli-color paint.

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe (Ordered)
328 Posts
Mopar PQD should be the paint color code if you order the OEM paint. That's for Surf Blue. You can also get the Dupli-Color Bahama Blue that is an identical match. You can just do a google search for either of those to find what's available to you, but Auto Zone by me has the Dupli-color paint.
Thanks - mine are already painted with Mopar Surf Blue (PQD) - was wondering what Autozone paint he used.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts