Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I've always owned German sedans my whole life. Many of my friends have been Jeep owners and I've always wanted to own one myself. Finally got my hands on a custom order 2022 Jeep 4XE Rubicon and I love it. So many of my friends were trying to convince me that I was making a terrible decision to move to Jeep considering I've always had German sedans but man, I don't think I'll ever look back.

Anyone else here from SE PA? I'm just outside Philadelphia!

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Automotive side marker light

·
Registered
26 Posts
Wife is from DelCo- Glen Mills but we're sweating in TX. Welcome. Recovering German car guy as well- had a few older Jeeps as "toys" and wasn't sure about having one as a daily. Occasionally I take a turn and remember I'm in a Jeep but otherwise zero regrets. Welcome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm in SE PA in Montgomery County. I have a 2021 Sahara which is also my first Jeep. I've also wanted one for a while but could never justify the fuel economy until the 4xe. Haven't done any serious off-roading yet. I'm going to the Jeep Academy in the Catskills next month.

·
Registered
2022 Jeep Wrangle Rubicon 4XE
4 Posts
Southern Chester County here…. Just picked up our 2022 Rubicon today. Paid the instant gratification penalty vs ordering but at least its home. Got a solid trade offer on our 2018 Moab and loving quasi electric life.
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm in SE PA in Montgomery County. I have a 2021 Sahara which is also my first Jeep. I've also wanted one for a while but could never justify the fuel economy until the 4xe. Haven't done any serious off-roading yet. I'm going to the Jeep Academy in the Catskills next month.
I am in montco as well, don’t have on yet but doing my hard core research on them before ordering but how did it do this past winter? Do you have a hard or soft top?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I am in montco as well, don’t have on yet but doing my hard core research on them before ordering but how did it do this past winter? Do you have a hard or soft top?
I have both tops. I got a hard top when I ordered and I bought the soft-top last Fall. I'll probably put the hard top back on in October/November. You can really use both around here. I think other areas it's probably a clear choice or just a preference of one over the other. I prefer the soft top but the insulation (both sound and heat/cold) sucks.

I've had no major issues either mechanical or electrical. I did go into FORM twice last Winter and was following the discussions on here. It was definitely the fuel in the oil situation for me. Basically, the oil temp wasn't getting up high enough. An hour drive in e-save seemed to get rid of it for a couple of weeks. You need to get the oil temp up to burn the fuel away (I forget the threshold, I want to say 120 F but that might not be right). Most of the people having this issue were in Canada and Northern US. I was surprised to have encountered it here in the Mid-Atlantic.

There is a solution for this issue but it requires the Front End Cold-Weather Cover (Mopar 82215366). While it's designed for diesel engines, it restricts airflow to the radiator and achieves getting the oil temp up for the 4xe. Unfortunately, it's on back order (maybe from unexpected demand from 4xe owners?). I have one on order from Quadratec but who knows if/when it will get filled. I originally ordered one last December but their website and Mopar part numbers were messed up and they sent me Mopar 82215365. They told me to keep it and placed an order for the 82215366. If I don't get it before the Winter, I'm just going to cover every other slot on the 82215365 with black duct tape as a make shift one.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with mine. I've got about 15K miles on it. Only issue I had was loose ball joints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts