Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow, I would love to visit Iceland! I had plans just before Covid.

They have it under control there so I'm surprised they are letting Americans in.

·
Registered
82 Posts
They have a good handle on it. It was totally normal there when I arrived in May. Just needed to show proof of vax and take a test upon landing right at the airport.

In May there were absolutely no tourists, which was amazing. By the time I left in July it was jammed with people.

I couldn’t find a Wrangler to rent, had to settle for one of these…

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They have a good handle on it. It was totally normal there when I arrived in May. Just needed to show proof of vax and take a test upon landing right at the airport.

In May there were absolutely no tourists, which was amazing. By the time I left in July it was jammed with people.

I couldn’t find a Wrangler to rent, had to settle for one of these…

View attachment 1687
Is that a photo you took there or Land Rover marketing material?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Is that a photo you took there or Land Rover marketing material?
That’s a photo I took. It’s been a bucket list item of mine to drive Iceland’s ring road on the summer solstice (24 hours of daylight / 24 straight hours of driving). Also rented a Jimny for the west fjords and loved that little thing. It’s like the Miata of 4x4s.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
You should sell that photo to land rover! I run Spartan races and wanted to do the Iceland race they sometimes hold there.

The Jimny is cool. I think it's something many Wrangler owners in the US wish they could buy.

Hijacking my own thread, how does the 4xe compare? You need to throw in a G wagon.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
64 Posts
I think I’ve discovered the new “it’s a jeep [black 4xe] thing” while driving around town. So far the only 2 with the charger door open seemingly oblivious to the drivers themselves were both black rubi’s.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive carrying rack Automotive lighting

A little sad it didn’t occur to me to get a picture of the first one I saw during very slow stop and go traffic because now I want to keep an album collection of this new funky “Jeep thing”.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think I’ve discovered the new “it’s a jeep [black 4xe] thing” while driving around town. So far the only 2 with the charger door open seemingly oblivious to the drivers themselves were both black rubi’s.

View attachment 1706

A little sad it didn’t occur to me to get a picture of the first one I saw during very slow stop and go traffic because now I want to keep an album collection of this new funky “Jeep thing”.
lol I did this yesterday

·
Registered
82 Posts
You should sell that photo to land rover! I run Spartan races and wanted to do the Iceland race they sometimes hold there.

The Jimny is cool. I think it's something many Wrangler owners in the US wish they could buy.

Hijacking my own thread, how does the 4xe compare? You need to throw in a G wagon.
how does the 4XE compare to the Defender? Well with Iceland’s ~$8/gallon gas, I wouldn’t have minded the extra economy.

I got a little bored with the Defender. It’s a very nice vehicle. It’s posh, the tech works well, it looks great, and while I didn’t push it on the F-roads it’s no secret that it’s capable. I couldn’t help but think though that I’d rather be driving the Jimny because that little thing was soulful, joyful and eager.

I got home I was glad to drive there was a 4XE in the driveway. It’s not as luxurious as the Defender or as engaging as the manual-transmission, mini-truck like Jimny but right now it’s in a league of its own. Top down, doors off, usable electric range? When it comes to my own dollars those others are not even a consideration. (Worth noting the Defender does have a PHEV model, we just don’t get it in the states. Maybe the success of the 4XE will change that).

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
511 Posts
I’ve done it once… Now I check to make sure 3 times before backing out of the garage. 😐

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've had my 4xe since May. Today I finally saw another 4xe out in public for the first time! I know it's the best selling PHEV but Ferraris and McLarens are far more common around here.

I have a Sahara, so I was surprised how prominent the blue tow hooks looked.
I too have had mine since May and only my wife has seen another one in our area

·
Registered
70 Posts
I've had my 4xe since May. Today I finally saw another 4xe out in public for the first time! I know it's the best selling PHEV but Ferraris and McLarens are far more common around here.

I have a Sahara, so I was surprised how prominent the blue tow hooks looked.
Are you in Miami? Only place I have ever been where that was a common sight.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I saw one in Santa Clarita California a couple days ago. Tried to catch up with them but hit a red light. Wasn't sure if it was a test drive though as a local dealership was pretty close by

1 - 18 of 18 Posts