Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! I am beyond psyched to be getting my first Wrangler. I get crazy eyes when I watch reviews on Youtube.

Leasing a Rubicon 4xe, ordered on 8/31, delivery in Louisiana b/t 10/8 - 10/20. Got it in white with the premium soft top, trail cam, towing, cold weather package, and I think that's mostly it. Ordered the all weather mats but they're sold out. But it sounds like that's the better outcome since I'll get the soft mats for free.

I'm extremely interested in building out some sort of sleeping platform in the back. And I don't want to have to remove the back seat. I don't know if it will work, headroom seems very limited, but I'm going to try. I've rented many a jeeps from Alamo and slept in the back. With a few+ drinks, that worked really well. I'm really interested to see if I can preserve the battery during the day and run the AC at night and glamp in the back like a pro.

I work from home so the wife gets the Rubi during the week while I'll be exploring every damn inch of gravel in north Georgia and beyond on the weekends.

Cant wait, yall!

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Will do, and you do the same @fourxe ! Driven many Wranglers, but never had one long enough to ride with a group.

I know one of the first places I'm taking this is Upper Hightower/Charlie's Creek near Tate City. If you haven't checked that out, it's so much fun. Can't wait to flex the Rubicon's capabilities up there a little bit

·
Registered
149 Posts
I am looking for a Jeep club of sorts to join too... if Jeep ever builds my Rubi. I am near mall of georgia. last weekend made a trip to smoky mountain and ran through some forest service road with my RAM 1500, not much of a challenge other than when another car is coming your way and my truck is just too wide for that road at times.

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man, I wonder why people are having such delays. I almost feel guilty with my 6 week turn around. Reading through some other random opinions on Jeep related forums, it seems like some dealers get cars quicker than others. I used a broker for my Jeep, did you use one for your Mall of Ga purchase @WannFly ?

Once you get it, you'll have a lot more fun on Charlie's Creek/Upper Hightower than most forest roads! The start of the trail (coming from Tate City Rd) is a ton of fun in itself. Just remember to take a right once in the river ;) - https://www.alltrails.com/explore/t...-trail?mobileMap=false&ref=sidebar-static-map

·
Registered
149 Posts
Man, I wonder why people are having such delays. I almost feel guilty with my 6 week turn around. Reading through some other random opinions on Jeep related forums, it seems like some dealers get cars quicker than others. I used a broker for my Jeep, did you use one for your Mall of Ga purchase @WannFly ?

Once you get it, you'll have a lot more fun on Charlie's Creek/Upper Hightower than most forest roads! The start of the trail (coming from Tate City Rd) is a ton of fun in itself. Just remember to take a right once in the river ;) - https://www.alltrails.com/explore/t...-trail?mobileMap=false&ref=sidebar-static-map
thanks for the tip. yes i ordered from Mike at mall of georgia

·
Registered
Rubicon 4xe
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OH my man @Kenji , are you freakin kidding me! I'm a hammock lover and this looks just about perfect! This is the height of innovation

Have you tried it by chance? I'm wondering if you can sleep overnight in it decently. Looks a little short, but maybe it works really well with the top down/off.

·
Registered
430 Posts
OH my man @Kenji , are you freakin kidding me! I'm a hammock lover and this looks just about perfect! This is the height of innovation

Have you tried it by chance? I'm wondering if you can sleep overnight in it decently. Looks a little short, but maybe it works really well with the top down/off.
I just saw it a while ago when i was looking for Shade Covers. you can find the JKloud for JL 4 Door on Amazon , maybe good option to try ;) , but you need to CUT some of the rear plastic off from the jeep to make the fastener clamps work.
see it in the video here , and it looks short .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.