Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my first refill today.

The total from taking ownership after dealer refueling was 429 miles. I drove from St. Petersburg back to Palm beach county. Total was about 211 miles, which were on hybrid, <1% mode driving back from the dealer. Of the hybrid, 6 miles had been logged as fully electric. The remaining, while back home were mostly full electric with some hybrid, which represents my daily driving.

Fuel today was 12.005 gallons, which puts it at 35.74 MPG

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice!!! However why not the 49 mpg as advertised on the sticker ?
In long hybrid highway driving it is around 21 mpg. Although it reported 24 MPG for that 200 mile stretch. I think that was the MPGe measurement.

By my estimates I should be around 100 MPG in my average daily driving. This would be distance/gallons manual calculation.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In long hybrid highway driving it is around 21 mpg. Although it reported 24 MPG for that 200 mile stretch. I think that was the MPGe measurement.

By my estimates I should be around 100 MPG in my average daily driving. This would be distance/gallons manual calculation.

There are too many variables for it to mean anything when you fill your tank after several recharges. I have tried to generate some comparison numbers by resetting one of the trip meters as soon as electrical power runs out. After about 700 miles, I can report the following:
1) hybrid MPG after electricity runs out has been between 25 and 28 MPG on flat south Jersey roads. When this happens, the 4xe still runs about 10% of the time only on electricity due to modest recharge.
2) Range from fully charged to end of electrical power has been ranging from 24 to 28 miles. Remember that at 14 cents per kw/hr, that electricity costs just over 2 bucks (although I produce mine from solar panels for free), still a better deal than gasoline in NJ.
3) When running solely on electricity, the MPGe figure ranges from 48 to 60.

Distance traveled from gas fill-up to fill-up is only useful for calculation purposes if you then only factor your total miles traveled on gasoline. The 4xe will give you this figure if you don't reset one of the tripmeters. The last 300 miles I've driven I've used less than 1/4 tank of gas. Doesn't mean I'm getting 75 MPG, just means I remember to plug in my snail charger at night.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have about 630 miles on it so far, and I have about half of the full tank it has in it when I picked it up. Daily commute is about 27 miles and I’ve been making it most days on one full charge (exception has been the hot days when I’ve had to run the AC, and I run out of battery within a mile of home). First decent road trip was today, put 130 miles on it today, about 30 electric and 100 gas. Used about 5.6 gallons.

·
Registered
473 Posts
850 miles so far on my first tank and still have 1/2 left. Was originally targeting 1,000 miles but now I'm going for 1,500 :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
@Shakes I’ll refill around the 1/8 mark. Most of my driving is less than 25 miles and the level 2 charger is great for topping off. Almost all of my gas usage was a single road trip. I do skirt the system somewhat in that I rent cars for long road trips. Not because of mileage, but most of them are for my daughters travel basketball team and a group of 11 year olds are not kind to vehicles on long trips. I far to OCD to allow that.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
520 Posts
@Shakes I’ll refill around the 1/8 mark. Most of my driving is less than 25 miles and the level 2 charger is great for topping off. Almost all of my gas usage was a single road trip. I do skirt the system somewhat in that I rent cars for long road trips. Not because of mileage, but most of them are for my daughters travel basketball team and a group of 11 year olds are not kind to vehicles on long trips. I far to OCD to allow that.
Haha yeah, great idea to save wear and tear. I know where you’re coming from, we drove all over the Mid-West for my daughter’s ⚽ career.
Club, High School and college. Really fun, but takes up so much time and money. I miss watching her play, but I don’t miss the travel one bit.
I have ocd as well… we might be twins.😁👍🏻

1 - 10 of 10 Posts