Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my first Jeep with the Jeep Wrangler 4XE Sahara over Labor day and am absolutely loving it(well the kids are loving it more than me with the Sky One Touch options). Almost 500 miles on it mostly electric and not even 1/4th of the gas i originally got with the car delivery has been used. Cant wait to take it off roading!

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Some real honesty here - My first Jeep was a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited and I took it off road during a Jeep-sponsored event last year. It was way more intense than I though. After that I'm good. I sold it and leased a 4XE Sahara and will never take it off road like that, partially because I think the wheels would get pretty busted up being 20 inches vs the 18s on my 2020 Altitude.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Some real honesty here - My first Jeep was a 2020 Wrangler Unlimited and I took it off road during a Jeep-sponsored event last year. It was way more intense than I though. After that I'm good. I sold it and leased a 4XE Sahara and will never take it off road like that, partially because I think the wheels would get pretty busted up being 20 inches vs the 18s on my 2020 Altitude.
Thanks for the feedback, i would take it on easy trails initially atleast since I am a noob at this. Also i would think 20 inch would help with offroading as opposed to 18 inch tires?

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's fine, though - I mean you had your experience and now you know what you want to use your jeep for - its all good. My neighbor has a rubicon that is totally tricked out - it is a gorgeous piece of machinery! Dude takes it to work and back and that is it. He spent a ton of money of it and he was embarrassed when he told me he'll never take it on any trails. Who cares... if he loves it, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Thanks for the feedback, i would take it on easy trails initially atleast since I am a noob at this. Also i would think 20 inch would help with offroading as opposed to 18 inch tires?
Sidewall is bigger on the 18s vs the 20s, that’s what I meant. The less sidewall, the worst off-road. If I were to do it again I’d buy some takeoffs and maybe uninstall the sidesteps, otherwise it’s still great off-road.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.