Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is finally light at the end of the tunnel and I should be taking delivery of my jeep within the next couple weeks. According to Jeep Chat mine was built at the end of September. Just curious if anyone knows if a lot of the problems that unfortunately plagued our fellow jeep brothers and sisters who took delivery in the first few waves, have been corrected at the factory on the recent builds. I know there have been a number of computer updates, I was more interested about the actual "mechanical" issues with faulty wiring, seals, etc...or if this is something they are relying on the dealership service departments to do, in the event of a problem. I already plan to have them check the fuses, ball joints, fluid levels, etc. Thanks all, and happy trails !

·
Registered
166 Posts
For what it’s worth, we have a Sahara delivered in April that has had several of the common problems (gas cap, ball joints, loose fuses, etc).

We also have a Rubicon delivered 2 weeks ago. After 2000 miles it’s been perfect - HOWEVER - the fuses were not properly seated. Did that before I drove it off the lot.

Anecdotes won’t answer your question, but it’s the best anyone knows. Recent recalls suggest Jeep might be narrowing in on the issues, but that doesn’t mean they’ve fixed them on the factory floor.

·
Registered
| 2012 JKU Sahara | 2021 4xe Sahara |
158 Posts
Mine is a mid-May build. According to the dealership I took it to for servicing the Customer Satisfaction Notice regarding the HV Connector Seal, it didn’t need replacing. Some people with later builds had their seals replaced because they curled or whatever. Not sure in more recent September builds. Doubt their QC standards changed unless it’s the equipment that got adjusted to address and correct assembly issues. But who knows for sure if the technicians I took my vehicle to actually inspected it unless they were made to provide video proof with VIN displayed in order to bill FCA for the alleged work? Lol…

Still happy with my vehicle for what it is even if it were to have a meltdown after this post, provided it didn’t melt my house or humans down with it, it is what it is, just a fun and convenient toy. I am only surprised all the sudden stops that nearly caused 10 vehicle incidents has all been reported as “nearly” happening or narrowly. And then there’s the Model S Plaid guy who trashed his vehicle track racing after max regen overheat and safety measures caused a lock up and he skid and collided… was proud of his vehicle’s performance and reaction.

Font Material property Parallel Rectangle Pattern

·
Registered
50 Posts
OP you can probably safely assume that as problems come up new builds will get corrections. All manufacturer's want to limit the cost of support. So if they can fix a problem at the start they will.

My late June build Sahara has been fine - only 1200 miles so far but it's been great.

Edit: keep in mind Jeep's have never been near the top of the reliability charts so there's a high probably of a Jeep problem - not unique to being a 4xe...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've owned a quite a fewJeeps across the line so I'm familiar with the problems but like Jeep, I'm new to the hybrid scene so maybe I'm being a little more nervous than usual. Fingers crossed I guess.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.