Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few thousand miles flat towing my 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe without issue. Yesterday we noticed the passenger LED tail light was flickering while the Jeep was parked in the driveway. It’s been a couple of weeks since it was last towed and has been driven since without issue. I tried starting the Jeep, unplugging from charger, disconnecting/reconnecting the 12V battery, driving it but nothing seemed to stop the light flickering. I called the company that installed the Blue Ox baseplate, AirForce One braking system, charge line and diodes in the tail lights to see if they could help troubleshoot. They indicated they did not have a solution but have had other reports of similar behavior. I couldn’t find anything else online and am hesitant to take it to the dealership with the aftermarket towing kit installed. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up taking it to the dealership today and found there were a few service bulletins regarding the charging system that sounded related to the symptoms I was having. The dealer installed the software updates as indicated. The light is working correctly now. I’ll keep my fingers crossed it is a permanent fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Wrangler 4xe is on order and when it’s comes in, I will rig it for flat towing. Like you,
l plan on installing the Air Force One. Did you need/ did you install a battery charger for the 12 volt battery?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My Wrangler 4xe is on order and when it’s comes in, I will rig it for flat towing. Like you,
l plan on installing the Air Force One. Did you need/ did you install a battery charger for the 12 volt battery?
Yes, I did have a charge line installed. I had read that the LED lights wake up one of the computers which will drain the 12V battery without one. Never had a problem with a low 12V battery having the charge line.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts