Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the dreaded form mode, 3300 miles since new. You tube says battery must be <1%, hard to do with electric mode unavailable, only way I found is alternate w.o.t and coast in non max regen, got it down from 55% to 30%, have fuel at low fuel warning will try an 80mph 40 mile trip on interstate after filling with gas, don’t know if I really have to get the battery >1%?

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Getting the battery to <1% should increase the load on the engine, getting the oil up to temp quicker/keeping it at temp, but beyond that, I haven't seen any evidence to suggest it actually has to get to <1%.

If you want to shortcut the process, change the oil.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Unless you feel like monitoring the PID's which show what type of FORM you are in change your oil, or take a few longer trips. Depending on how far in to FORM you are an oil change may be the only way to clear it.

Youtube is a terrible place for accurate information. There is nothing about battery charge being related to clearing FORM. E-Save battery charge will put more of a load on the engine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Vehicle only driven in Florida warm weather over winter, shipped to Iowa and parked. Ran mostly on electric in hybrid mode in Florida. Only topped the fuel tank never to low fuel. Fuel is likely the issue. Got the low fuel light on now, got oil temp to 235 F for a bit driving in hot weather with cardboard over the grill. Will fill with gas now and drive. I don't understand the discussion on manual shift mode, used manual shift mode to run at higher rpm to heat up oil!. Not sure how to operate now to try to get out of form. Will sell vehicle when out of form!

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
Vehicle only driven in Florida warm weather over winter, shipped to Iowa and parked. Ran mostly on electric in hybrid mode in Florida. Only topped the fuel tank never to low fuel. Fuel is likely the issue. Got the low fuel light on now, got oil temp to 235 F for a bit driving in hot weather with cardboard over the grill. Will fill with gas now and drive. I don't understand the discussion on manual shift mode, used manual shift mode to run at higher rpm to heat up oil!. Not sure how to operate now to try to get out of form. Will sell vehicle when out of form!
I definitely wouldn't run a grill cover in hot weather. 235 oil temp is extremely hot.

If you ran it only in electric all winter then shipped it to Iowa and it's just sat parked, you very well could be in form for fuel, which really is as simple as just putting a fresh tank of gas in.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I definitely wouldn't run a grill cover in hot weather. 235 oil temp is extremely hot.

If you ran it only in electric all winter then shipped it to Iowa and it's just sat parked, you very well could be in form for fuel, which really is as simple as just putting a fresh tank of gas in.
Gas brought it out of FORM, with low fuel illuminated parked overnight, headed for gas station this morning still on ICR! At somewhere around 30mi range FORM cleared, likely built in logic to allow emergency fuel run! Drove to station on electric, filled with gas and it continues to run on electric! Thanks all for input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts