Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, so for the two weeks I have my 4XE I cannot get the forward collision to come on.. maybe it’s a good thing but I really want to see if its working.. I even have the sense set to far …my only thought is maybe when regenerate brake is on it won’t work or could ezpass in my upper window cause some interference?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks all

·
Registered
38 Posts
Do you have that feature? it's part of the advanced safety package as far as I know- the forward collision will flash if it thinks you should be stopping - but you can also check if you are in adaptive cruise control, set the speed, and if a vehicle is in front of you - there will be a block in front of the radar to indicate a vehicle is sensed (in green). I've seen the brake warning flash one time at a sign's shadow on the highway so I think it does at least sense something.

For what it's worth,my CR-V has this feature and it works very well. But I would trust the jeep to stop about as far as I can throw it. I always have to break and I've let the vehicle get uncomfortably close even at max distance set for ACC.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Do you have that feature? it's part of the advanced safety package as far as I know- the forward collision will flash if it thinks you should be stopping - but you can also check if you are in adaptive cruise control, set the speed, and if a vehicle is in front of you - there will be a block in front of the radar to indicate a vehicle is sensed (in green). I've seen the brake warning flash one time at a sign's shadow on the highway so I think it does at least sense something.

For what it's worth,my CR-V has this feature and it works very well. But I would trust the jeep to stop about as far as I can throw it. I always have to break and I've let the vehicle get uncomfortably close even at max distance set for ACC.
I agree with what you said about the ACC. It’s doesn’t slow down like I would like. It works but it pushes my comfort level.

Funny you mentioned your CR-V. My wife’s CR-V is what convinced me to get all the safety stuff on the 4XE.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What’s your sensitivity set at ? So get still can’t get mine to activate in far mode

·
Registered
38 Posts
I agree with what you said about the ACC. It’s doesn’t slow down like I would like. It works but it pushes my comfort level.

Funny you mentioned your CR-V. My wife’s CR-V is what convinced me to get all the safety stuff on the 4XE.
Ha- Same! The dealer mentioned all the safety feature and I said I wanted all of them. After having them on the CR-V - I can't imagine those not just being standard.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been really enjoying the ACC, once I merge on the freeway I turn it on (both for my 25ish mile commute to and from work). It could just be my perception, or because of my typical aggressive driving style, but I notice my mpg is far better on the freeway using ACC. Love it.

Regarding forward sensor, a much smaller car cut me off this morning and triggered the warning beeps ⚠ They were REALLY close, I'd estimate about 2ft ahead of me. ACC responded well, but I hit my brakes out of an abundance of caution. First time the collision warning activated for me.

·
Registered
696 Posts
I've used the full stop and start on the ACC and I love it. If I'm coming in hot to a car stopped ahead I get too nervous to see what it will do.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What’s your forward collision sensitivity set at. Just curious if far is not working on mine

·
Registered
18 Posts
What’s your forward collision sensitivity set at. Just curious if far is not working on mine
Idk what the sensitivity is at, I haven't adjusted it ever. TBH- I didn't even realize it was adjustable.

BUT I regularly change my ACC distance setting depending on traffic conditions. My most comfortable settings are 4 (furthest) for "chaotic" traffic and 2 (one notch up from lowest) for more "predictable" traffic.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts