Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...and I still have the new forum member smell. haha

I'm Ryan - brand new to the forum and I ordered my first "custom" car ever and also my first jeep ever on 27 August!

Like so many, we ordered our 4xe due to crazy low inventory at the dealerships, which is fine as it gives me weeks of obsessively checking my email, a favorite past time.

Wife and I ran both of our cars as long as we could. One became unreliable and the other isn't far behind - we haven't had "new" cars since we were kids just starting our adult lives so this was a fun thing to do for sure.

We got a black hardtop rubicon. Got some upgrades but nothing crazy - after all, our old cars are so low tech now that a standard jeep now feels like stepping in to a spaceship.

So one thing that's got me wondering though - upon ordering (which happened on 27 August), we were told to expect email comms from Jeep. 3 weeks on and nothing - not a "we got your order" or anything. I emailed the dealer and got a reply saying:

Due to the Order-A-Thon event, we are not seeing the normal confirmation of orders that we have seen in
the past. I assure you, your order has been placed, we just might not see any confirmation from Jeep
for at least 30 days. Everyone has gone to placing orders due to lack of inventory so Jeep has asked
us to be patient as they try and get everything put into the system and updated Nationwide. As soon
as we have an update, we will reach out to you right away. I just don't expect to hear anything for a
few more weeks.
I don't really know what any of this means in the end because they quoted us 12 weeks max. Given I don't know a single thing about through and output of vehicle building I'm just trying to bide my time and hope I'll hear from them soon. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience who has ordered recently as we have? I don't mind a wait, but I don't want to wait 12 weeks only to find out they never actually got the order.

Either way, I no joke daydream about driving my jeep here in Colorado. Cannot wait to outfit it to hold our rooftop tent and rack up the memories!

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Land vehicle

·
Registered
1 Posts
If you put down a deposit you should have gotten a build sheet/price sheet from the dealer. I got the deposit receipt and the final build sheet right away and got VIN# from the dealer later that week that showed that it was accepted and being built.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you put down a deposit you should have gotten a build sheet/price sheet from the dealer. I got the deposit receipt and the final build sheet right away and got VIN# from the dealer later that week that showed that it was accepted and being built.
Well that was definitely NOT my experience. They did take our info for the deposit but said they wouldn’t charge until a VIN was issued. I have the build sheet but beyond that just them telling me it’ll be 30 days before I hear anything.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well that was definitely NOT my experience. They did take our info for the deposit but said they wouldn’t charge until a VIN was issued. I have the build sheet but beyond that just them telling me it’ll be 30 days before I hear anything.
You should get a VON# with the order which turns into a VIN# when the build starts. Call or text your salesperson weekly and have them send screenshots of their order process screen.

·
Registered
2021 Stingray Rubicon 4xe
95 Posts
Never once got any communication directly from Jeep, nor did I expect to. I bought from the dealership not Jeep. That said there are two numbers you want from your dealer: VON and VIN. Once you have those you know it is in the system and just have to wait.

·
Registered
52 Posts
...and I still have the new forum member smell. haha

I'm Ryan - brand new to the forum and I ordered my first "custom" car ever and also my first jeep ever on 27 August!

Like so many, we ordered our 4xe due to crazy low inventory at the dealerships, which is fine as it gives me weeks of obsessively checking my email, a favorite past time.

Wife and I ran both of our cars as long as we could. One became unreliable and the other isn't far behind - we haven't had "new" cars since we were kids just starting our adult lives so this was a fun thing to do for sure.

We got a black hardtop rubicon. Got some upgrades but nothing crazy - after all, our old cars are so low tech now that a standard jeep now feels like stepping in to a spaceship.

So one thing that's got me wondering though - upon ordering (which happened on 27 August), we were told to expect email comms from Jeep. 3 weeks on and nothing - not a "we got your order" or anything. I emailed the dealer and got a reply saying:

I don't really know what any of this means in the end because they quoted us 12 weeks max. Given I don't know a single thing about through and output of vehicle building I'm just trying to bide my time and hope I'll hear from them soon. I'm curious if anyone else has had a similar experience who has ordered recently as we have? I don't mind a wait, but I don't want to wait 12 weeks only to find out they never actually got the order.

Either way, I no joke daydream about driving my jeep here in Colorado. Cannot wait to outfit it to hold our rooftop tent and rack up the memories!

View attachment 2122
Once the dealer input your order to the system, they should automatically receive VON# assigned to it. Get that VON number and go on Jeep chat to get your VIN#

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
*UPDATE - I called the dealership and spoke to someone who knew what they were doing (sorry... I sound mean but I just get a lot of run-around when I email or talk with them). I found out that the vehicle is being built and delivery is expected late Oct/Early Nov.

I am SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to tell you all because my wife and I ordered this thing together and she has no idea when it's expected and I'm keeping it as a surprise now :)

·
Registered
21 JL Rubicon 4xe on 38” Nitto Ridge Grapplers
24 Posts
*UPDATE - I called the dealership and spoke to someone who knew what they were doing (sorry... I sound mean but I just get a lot of run-around when I email or talk with them). I found out that the vehicle is being built and delivery is expected late Oct/Early Nov.

I am SO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to tell you all because my wife and I ordered this thing together and she has no idea when it's expected and I'm keeping it as a surprise now :)
Don’t feel bad. I have worked at a few dealership. Most employees are idiots and you have to work hard to find a competent person.

Go directly to the FCA website and ask them for a status. You will need order number or VIN. They have much better information than the dealership

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.