Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
I think there is a walkthrough somewhere on the internet. However, it's very involved. Think he spent a little over $1000 on parts and had to make some custom cables. The rear backup camera also has to change as it isn't compatible with the video processor.

There is a away to add a 3rd party as a cargo camera but it is low resolution and doesn't have the lines.

I'd love to do the OEM front camera as I have a hard time telling where the front is in tight situations.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i added one after the fact with assistance from the dealership I purchased from. Referee to a local third party that ordered the camera and did the install. Not OEM parts, but professional install and warrantied. Around $750 parts and labor. Didn’t think I needed a trail camera, but it’s very useful in daily driving / parking.

·
Registered
901 Posts
i added one after the fact with assistance from the dealership I purchased from. Referee to a local third party that ordered the camera and did the install. Not OEM parts, but professional install and warrantied. Around $750 parts and labor. Didn’t think I needed a trail camera, but it’s very useful in daily driving / parking.
Do you have full trail cam functionality with lines and HD resolution?

I'm a little OCD about things, so I can't bring myself to go the cargo camera route.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Do you have full trail cam functionality with lines and HD resolution?

I'm a little OCD about things, so I can't bring myself to go the cargo camera route.
Fully understand and can appreciate the OCD. Unfortunately it does not have the full trail functionality, but for the cost / daily function, it's sufficient. If I was ordering again, I'd add the Trail Cam and steel bumper from the factory. Learning experience 🙃

·
Registered
181 Posts
Fully understand and can appreciate the OCD. Unfortunately it does not have the full trail functionality, but for the cost / daily function, it's sufficient. If I was ordering again, I'd add the Trail Cam and steel bumper from the factory. Learning experience 🙃
Steel bumper isn't worth it. You can find them used and for cheaper. I've read tons of negative reviews about the rear, that it actually causes damage rather than prevents it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Good call, didn't think to look used. Really only interested in swapping the front. I like the ascetics of the steel stubby vs the plastic.
Oh so did I. A lot. I liked being able to go stubby if we went to Moab, Imogene, Rubicon Trail, etc. Yet my wife (who drives the Jeep more and actually claims it as hers), likes a stock look versus a poser, overbuilt thing.

I like sleepers. So our Jeeps aren't lifted, but are Rubicons. They have the modular bumpers. I'm getting a winch finally with the 4xe. Fairly normal looking rocker armor/steps. But it all retains that stock look my wife prefers.

Be sure and get the metal skid plate and hardware. The Mopar parts vendor over on jlwranglerforum.com priced it out and it's actually cheaper to order the nutserts, bolts, brackets and skid plate separately than as the kit.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oh so did I. A lot. I liked being able to go stubby if we went to Moab, Imogene, Rubicon Trail, etc. Yet my wife (who drives the Jeep more and actually claims it as hers), likes a stock look versus a poser, overbuilt thing.

I like sleepers. So our Jeeps aren't lifted, but are Rubicons. They have the modular bumpers. I'm getting a winch finally with the 4xe. Fairly normal looking rocker armor/steps. But it all retains that stock look my wife prefers.

Be sure and get the metal skid plate and hardware. The Mopar parts vendor over on jlwranglerforum.com priced it out and it's actually cheaper to order the nutserts, bolts, brackets and skid plate separately than as the kit.
Congrats on the winch, nice addition! This is a daily driver, so I prefer to keep the mods in check as well. Thankfully, I don't need to fight with the wife for wheel time, she prefers the Outlander PHEV. Thanks for the info and tips! Appreciated!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts
I’m wishing I got the front camera now too. Oh well.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
217 Posts

This is how I’m thinking about my build…the only thing I don’t think I can resist is a bull bar after seeing a video of how one held up in a front end accident video I saw.

Reactions: IdahoJOAT
1 - 18 of 18 Posts