Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can’t seem to get out of fuel and oil regeneration mode. Drive 25-30 mins, shut down. Start up and I have electric mode. Next day same damn thing. Start up and wham, fuel and oil regen mode again. Worked perfect first 2 weeks. This is crazy, I’m now on gas more than electric!!! It’s getting cold here on the prairies, but I didn’t buy a summer hybrid!!! Any ideas!!! Dealer is looking into it but has no idea so far.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have 2265km had it since Oct 29/21
Dealer says they will look at next week. I told them straight out that I didn’t trade in my perfect 2018 Jeep rubicon(left in my profile pic) for a summer hybrid. I have burned a tank and a half of Reg fuel and unless I drive around for 1/2 to hr on gas it refuses to go into electric mode.
in total I have gone through 5 tanks of fuel, one premium and the rest regular, in the 3 weeks I have owned it. This all start right after our first winter storm. Now we are back in the pluses and still no electric mode. I think the oil companies hacked my Jeep!!!!! Lol

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
694 Posts
Dealer says they will look at next week. I told them straight out that I didn’t trade in my perfect 2018 Jeep rubicon(left in my profile pic) for a summer hybrid. I have burned a tank and a half of Reg fuel and unless I drive around for 1/2 to hr on gas it refuses to go into electric mode.
in total I have gone through 5 tanks of fuel, one premium and the rest regular, in the 3 weeks I have owned it. This all start right after our first winter storm. Now we are back in the pluses and still no electric mode. I think the oil companies hacked my Jeep!!!!! Lol
You don’t need to take it to the dealership. Do what it says in that thread you were given the link too.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You don’t need to take it to the dealership. Do what it says in that thread you were given the link too.
Thanks, I have read the threads that were posted. I am an industrial mechanic by trade so I have a fair grasp of the workings of the internal combustion engine!!!! Lol
like I said I have gone through that much gas in 3 weeks works out to about 26 litres/100km
or absolutely fricken awful gas mileage. It’s kind of impossible to get bad gas this close to Alberta!!! Use the same gas station everytime. also noted that now that it refuses to give me Electrial mode, it’s not using battery in hybrid mode either. Driving 1 hr results in a 3% drop in battery and gas mileage of 23 litres/ 100 km. Drove the trans Canada highway 1 hr at our speed limit of 110 km/hr. Got back to town, pulled over, shut down and restart. Went right back into fuel oil regen mode. Topped up tank same same. I will try the sea foam idea though, at this point, what could it hurt!!!! Thanks for the help. Cheers

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
694 Posts
Thanks, I have read the threads that were posted. I am an industrial mechanic by trade so I have a fair grasp of the workings of the internal combustion engine!!!! Lol
like I said I have gone through that much gas in 3 weeks works out to about 26 litres/100km
or absolutely fricken awful gas mileage. It’s kind of impossible to get bad gas this close to Alberta!!! Use the same gas station everytime. also noted that now that it refuses to give me Electrial mode, it’s not using battery in hybrid mode either. Driving 1 hr results in a 3% drop in battery and gas mileage of 23 litres/ 100 km. Drove the trans Canada highway 1 hr at our speed limit of 110 km/hr. Got back to town, pulled over, shut down and restart. Went right back into fuel oil regen mode. Topped up tank same same. I will try the sea foam idea though, at this point, what could it hurt!!!! Thanks for the help. Cheers
You’re not getting the oil temp up to 208-210 for 20 min.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry I didn’t read far enough into the threads… new to sites like this. Big thanks to shakes for his insight into FORM. I will try this and if it works…somebody at Jeep is going to get a good butt kickin!!!! Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry I didn’t read far enough into the threads… new to sites like this. Big thanks to shakes for his insight into FORM. I will try this and if it works…somebody at Jeep is going to get a good butt kickin!!!! Lol
So Jeep heated up this morning on gas. Refused to go into electric mode. Drove 1/2 a block and stopped, reset my oil life and we are back in business!!! Everything is working and we are back to using electric. Big thanks to everyone on this site for their help. Went to my dealer, Standard Dodge to cancel the appointment and fill them in on the details. This is the 3rd Jeep I have gotten from them and the second rubicon. They have always given us perfect service and bend over backward to try and help!!! Big thanks to them as well!! Plan to hit the trails again this weekend, now that I have electric mode back again!!!
Cheers

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
694 Posts
So Jeep heated up this morning on gas. Refused to go into electric mode. Drove 1/2 a block and stopped, reset my oil life and we are back in business!!! Everything is working and we are back to using electric. Big thanks to everyone on this site for their help. Went to my dealer, Standard Dodge to cancel the appointment and fill them in on the details. This is the 3rd Jeep I have gotten from them and the second rubicon. They have always given us perfect service and bend over backward to try and help!!! Big thanks to them as well!! Plan to hit the trails again this weekend, now that I have electric mode back again!!!
Cheers
Definitely the easiest way out of FORM. I may do that next time. Not sure yet. Glad you are back to normal. I will say this though… the whole reason for this oil refresh is to burn excess gas built up over time in the oil as the engine is used very little. So by resetting the oil life, you are not solving the issue. Unless of course you do actually change the oil.The high temps are needed to burn that fuel off the oil evidently. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Definitely the easiest way out of FORM. I may do that next time. Not sure yet. Glad you are back to normal. I will say this though… the whole reason for this oil refresh is to burn excess gas built up over time in the oil as the engine is used very little. So by resetting the oil life, you are not solving the issue. Unless of course you do actually change the oil.The high temps are needed to burn that fuel off the oil evidently. Just an FYI.
We will be changing the oil every 5000km or 3000 miles, that should be enough to prevent damage. It’s not like I don’t use the gas engine. 2500km in 3 weeks of ownership. But I’m in freezing cold Canada!!! Lol and the prairies to boot. Also Jeep is outside all winter. Almost impossible to heat my oil up that much during the winter. I mean it was only -16 degrees Celsius and an hr on the highway didn’t help. Thanks for all your great info!!!!
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
694 Posts
We will be changing the oil every 5000km or 3000 miles, that should be enough to prevent damage. It’s not like I don’t use the gas engine. 2500km in 3 weeks of ownership. But I’m in freezing cold Canada!!! Lol and the prairies to boot. Also Jeep is outside all winter. Almost impossible to heat my oil up that much during the winter. I mean it was only -16 degrees Celsius and an hr on the highway didn’t help. Thanks for all your great info!!!!
Cheers!!!
Lol! Sounds cold and horrible. JK…

1 - 12 of 12 Posts