Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

Fuel and oil regen mode issues

9K views 31 replies 9 participants last post by  Tyler-98-W68 
#1 ·
Can’t seem to get out of fuel and oil regeneration mode. Drive 25-30 mins, shut down. Start up and I have electric mode. Next day same damn thing. Start up and wham, fuel and oil regen mode again. Worked perfect first 2 weeks. This is crazy, I’m now on gas more than electric!!! It’s getting cold here on the prairies, but I didn’t buy a summer hybrid!!! Any ideas!!! Dealer is looking into it but has no idea so far.

#17 ·
If Jeep can’t bother to help save the planet, why should I. I have owned Jeep’s all my life and this one is a complete failure. I refuse to compromise, and demand my Jeep’s perform as advertise. Gladiator gives me the best of both worlds. Jeep party in the front and business in the back!!
good luck!!

#23 ·
i don’t have a garage and live in canada. i’ve never had my 2.0 2019 wrangler, hemi rebel or this hit those temps. i also never idle.

driving, you should never hit those temps. idle i’m assuming you’re doing the battery charge mode. also few notes idling that long isn’t good
You don’t have to idle your keep to get those numbers. That’s American temp.
Their 212f is our 100c. I had a hard time hitting it, but if I down shifted and keep the rpm’s up I could hit it. Then maintain for the recommended time. You will burn a bunch of gas doing it, but it works. Keeping the fuel fresh was never my issue lol, I went through a lot.
Keep an eye on your oil level. If it rises above the full mark, and you haven’t added any…you have an issue. Mine had over a litre of moisture and raw fuel mixed in with my oil. That’s when I had enough and traded it in after 41 days.
Other than this FORM issue, I thought it was a great jeep.
Cheers

#25 ·
Unless you wind up with over a litre of extra fluid in your oil like I did. The dealer didn’t even want me to drive it as they were afraid that much extra in the oil pan would cause some sort of damage. From what I got out of jeep. They believe my rings had somehow not seated properly. But unless it happened again, they wouldn’t pull it apart. I traded it in for the gladiator and my 4xe is down in Texas. Hope the new owner doesn’t have the issues I did!!!
Cheers and good luck

#30 ·
My wife's 4Xe is only three months old and has been stuck in refresh mode for most of its life. We've taken it to the dealership, ran it low on gas and re-fueled, gotten it up to 55 MPH and it hasn't gone electric in over a month. Any suggestions? She drives stop and go about 2 miles to work each day and the weather is pretty mellow here.

#31 ·
Two fairly easy options:

1. Get an oil change to start fresh

2. Get an obd reader to verify why it's in form, and then take appropriate action, which probably involves getting an oil change as the easiest path forward

With only a 2 mile commute, she's going to have a very difficult time getting out of form during normal driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.