Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Lol. i picked mine up 3 days ago. Due to a 750 mile drive home, I had to refuel 3 times. Each time it took no less than 2-3 minutes before it would open. Is yours or anyone elses doing the same? I will probably take it to the dealer soon unless anyone knows a trick.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol. i picked mine up 3 days ago. Due to a 750 mile drive home, I had to refuel 3 times. Each time it took no less than 2-3 minutes before it would open. Is yours or anyone elses doing the same? I will probably take it to the dealer soon unless anyone knows a trick.
Seems to take 2 or 3 seconds from time I push the putting until it pops open.
2 or 3 minutes is way too long. I would have it looked at if that doesn't get any quicker.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Seems to take 2 or 3 seconds from time I push the putting until it pops open.
2 or 3 minutes is way too long. I would have it looked at if that doesn't get any quicker.
Thanks for the response. I will definitely have it checked out. I thought maybe it was because I was driving straight through that night, but seems thats not the case

·
Registered
2021 Stingray Rubicon 4xe
91 Posts
Have you tested popping it open, closing it, drive around the block, then opening it again? Curious if that delay happens regardless of how long it has been since you last refueled.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I’ve only filled up twice in 4 months, but don’t recall having to wait to open. By the time I get my credit card squared away it is ready for the nozzle. I think someone mentioned the tank is under pressure to keep fuel from going stale but not sure if this delays the opening under certain conditions (obviously it probably is ‘as designed’ since they have a message in the message center on the dash)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have you tested popping it open, closing it, drive around the block, then opening it again? Curious if that delay happens regardless of how long it has been since you last refueled.
I have tried after a short 10 min drive now and there was still a substantial delay. When i get some more time I'm going to look it over really good and then off to the dealership if it doesnt improve. It did appear that there was black residue inside the neck of the fuel filler. Not sure what thats about either.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have tried after a short 10 min drive now and there was still a substantial delay. When i get some more time I'm going to look it over really good and then off to the dealership if it doesnt improve. It did appear that there was black residue inside the neck of the fuel filler. Not sure what thats about either.
Are you topping off or stopping when the pump shuts off? You may be overloading the charcoal canister by overfilling. That would screw up the system pressure and may be causing the black residue (charcoal running back up the vent line).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts