Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after reading a bunch of threads and watching a bunch of videos on the 4xe having loose fuses I thought I wound check mine. I have the Sahara 4xe which I purchased just about 2 weeks ago, jeep has been running perfect with no issues with just about 350 miles on it.

After checking I noticed about 25% of the fuses were somewhat loose, when I pushed on them they made the “pop” sound and you could feel a better connection was made.

I am curious if others are finding the same thing and is this something that should concern me as they may come loose again?

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe Gecko Green
20 Posts
So after reading a bunch of threads and watching a bunch of videos on the 4xe having loose fuses I thought I wound check mine. I have the Sahara 4xe which I purchased just about 2 weeks ago, jeep has been running perfect with no issues with just about 350 miles on it.

After checking I noticed about 25% of the fuses were somewhat loose, when I pushed on them they made the “pop” sound and you could feel a better connection was made.

I am curious if others are finding the same thing and is this something that should concern me as they may come loose again?
I got my 4xe a month ago and have put ~400 miles on it (mostly my daily commute of 4-10 miles). When I first got it home, I checked all the fuses and they were all rock solid. I just checked after reading your post now and the majority of the fuses and relays were loose enough to pop when I pushed down on them. Not only that but they were loose enough to wiggle side to side. Probably should be a monthly check.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara Unlimited 4xe
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I wondering if that could be the cause of some of the failures people have been having. A few non contact fuses in a vehicle like this can cause havoc. I agree that checking once a month is a good idea.

·
Registered
267 Posts

I picked my 4XE up at the dealer three weeks ago and 90% of the fuses were loose and the salesman guarantees me they did the full pre-check and even check the fuses which was total BS. I love my jeep with the quality control on this recurring issue is out of control and complete incompetence

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
I picked my 4XE up at the dealer three weeks ago and 90% of the fuses were loose and the salesman guarantees me they did the full pre-check and even check the fuses which was total BS. I love my jeep with the quality control on this recurring issue is out of control and complete incompetence
90% of the fuses were loose?!? No way…

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Yes I was very unhappy but Jeep has been great so far.
I’m not saying you are lying. I’m just questioning, and I always have been since hearing of this issue, the validity of what everyone is calling a loose fuse. I would love to see a video of someone pushing in these fuses so as to be setting them as they should be. I’ve never even heard of this type of issue before being on this forum with the new Jeeps. I would also like to see the process from the factory that would lead to this issue. I have so many questions. 😁

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
Ok, so I have to eat crow here.🥶
Today I was installing my heated wiper blades and I affixed the modulator to the top of the fuse box. There just isn’t any room in the engine bay to screw it to the metal anywhere. So I had the top off the fuse box to silicone the screws and holes to prevent water and dust/dirt from getting in at those areas. Now keep in mind very early on, say 300 miles or so, I checked all the fuses. Pushed on all of them and found nothing amiss. So today, I’m like…I’m gonna just check again to make sure nothing has worked lose. Sure as hell, about 5 of the bigger gray and black fuses were legit popped up and pushed back down when I applied pressure. I couldn’t believe these had worked back up like this. I now have 3000 miles on. So I will be keeping an eye on this from now on at regular intervals. Very very strange. I’ve had lots of trucks and other vehicles in my life and never even checked any of them for an issue like this.
My Jeep is not experiencing any problems because of this, but it sure could if left unmonitored. So everyone be diligent in checking your fuses from time to time.
Apologies to anyone I doubted on this issue, I was absolutely mistaken.😔

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
218 Posts
My old car had a turbo that burned oil like crazy and so I checked that every time I got gas….I guess now it’s going to be a fuse check anytime I’m at the gas station…

Reactions: Shakes
1 - 10 of 10 Posts