Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to fill up my first tank and the gas door broke. Won’t close and now won’t open. I’m getting a warning light ( close gas door)on my dash along with a check engine light. Brought it to the dealer ,they cleared the light only for it to turn back on a few hours later. They had to order a new gas door. Could take two weeks to two months for the door. Now I’m driving around my brand new Jeep with warning lights and check engine light
I CANT BELIEVE JEEP IS PUTTING BROKEN PARTS ON A 60k Jeep :(
Very disappointed in my new purchase

·
Registered
46 Posts
not perfect humans put them together,might have been broke at dealer too they aren’t too careful with things

·
Registered
52 Posts
This happened to me the day I picked mine up. I had the same message and check engine light after five minutes of owning it. A bit nerve wracking as I had a 4.5 hour drive ahead of me.

The little piece that the door latches into fell back behind and was stuck in the panel. The dealership pulled the back panel off, found the piece, and reattached. No issues since. I've seen a couple others in the Facebook group with the same issue.

Attachments

Reactions: mule65

·
Registered
201 Posts
I went to fill up my first tank and the gas door broke. Won’t close and now won’t open. I’m getting a warning light ( close gas door)on my dash along with a check engine light. Brought it to the dealer ,they cleared the light only for it to turn back on a few hours later. They had to order a new gas door. Could take two weeks to two months for the door. Now I’m driving around my brand new Jeep with warning lights and check engine light
I CANT BELIEVE JEEP IS PUTTING BROKEN PARTS ON A 60k Jeep :(
Very disappointed in my new purchase
So sorry to hear this, Frankie Sutter! Although we cannot guarantee any certain outcome here, our team can dig in further with you. Send our team a private message with additional details.

Kate
Jeep Cares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts