1 - 20 of 3112 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
507 Posts
Just for fun, I reached out to 3 of the dealers from the cars.com link.
All 3 confirmed my suspicions. All the 4xe’s listed are sold orders that have not been built yet. One dealer said they expect production to early next month. 🤷🏼‍♂️

·
Registered
668 Posts
Randomly got on Cars.com today and searched the country for 4xes and low and behold I found 52 that are showing as in transit to dealers or at least listed with dealers. Probably doesn't mean that much to any vehicle waiting to be built in the Jefferson plant but at least it is progress.

https://www.cars.com/shopping/resul...ee_4xe&sort=distance&stock_type=new&zip=70122
I have been monitoring these and have plugged their VIN numbers in of almost all and none bring up a sticker through Jeep. I keep looking for hopeful signs but I'm just not seeing it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I thought they were prioritizing customer orders first? I also dont seeing any showing in transit on the Jeep site as I have seen for other models.
Read my reply above.
These are sold orders (which means customer orders) and none of them have been built yet.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have been monitoring these and have plugged their VIN numbers in of almost all and none bring up a sticker through Jeep. I keep looking for hopeful signs but I'm just not seeing it.
Don't search for the sticker....the very first thing to show if the vehicle has been built is the "Equipment Listing"....then once the vehicle has been released for shipping...could be a few days or possibly weeks depending on additional accessories or options. The sticker will show up.

Use this link just delete current VIN and add the one you want to see if its built....this works on all FCA/Stellantis vehicles from 2014 and newer.....

·
Registered
668 Posts
Ditto, but I'm sure getting frustrated waiting. Didn't come this past Winter, likely not coming this Spring at this point... I know there are parts shortages, but it also seems like come and get it! I remember when they showed it during the Superbowl and me being like ya we all know hoping for something additional... in 12 more days that will have been 3 months ago. If they are addressing issues that would be great as having a vehicle you can't drive would be even more infuriating. Just hope Jeep can get it together (no pun intended). If I had know almost 5 months after ordering that there would be no movement, I may have gone with the 45e. I'm sure I'll love the 4xe, just little hope of seeing it soon with no one reporting true movement.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am rather surprised by the amount of advertising / marketing Jeep is doing for a vehicle nobody can actually buy. They're running ads all over the place for the GC 4xe yet they aren't actually for sale yet, nobody can place a new order for one, and all of the dealer-inventory orders were canceled. So, the only people capable of buying one are those who placed their orders before the cutoff. There's no chance of anyone actually buying one for the foreseeable future, so why are they wasting so much $ promoting it?

·
Registered
668 Posts
I am rather surprised by the amount of advertising / marketing Jeep is doing for a vehicle nobody can actually buy. They're running ads all over the place for the GC 4xe yet they aren't actually for sale yet, nobody can place a new order for one, and all of the dealer-inventory orders were canceled. So, the only people capable of buying one are those who placed their orders before the cutoff. There's no chance of anyone actually buying one for the foreseeable future, so why are they wasting so much $ promoting it?
I absolutely agree. I complain to my wife more than I should about all the advertising and awards it seemingly has already won... yet there isn't a single one in customer hands, on a lot, or even able to be ordered. I want to say I am one of those lucky people that was able to order when the banks opened but I'm in no better position than anyone else and Im out my deposit.

·
Registered
7 Posts
No 4xes have went into production yet, Jefferson is currently down being retooled for production of the 4xe, but dont hold your breath guys I have heard rumors that these will be delayed for a little while even after Jefferson opens back up. Also when production does start we may only see it in base trim levels since jeep has stopped production of summit and overland for the rest of the model year on all WLs.

·
Registered
302 Posts
only see it in base trim levels since jeep has stopped production of summit and overland for the rest of the model year on all WLs.
Not sure if I believe this....many customers on here have had their orders in for 5-6 Months so Jeep has known about these orders since then and has supposedly been gathering parts since then. I think if its ordered you'll get it (especially the ones ordered early) but who knows when.....it may be a bit longer..... @theoryGV are you fake news or do you have an affiliation with Stellantis??? who has some inside information? we really don't like first post rumors

Reactions: UniSonBBS

·
Registered
507 Posts
I don’t believe much of this either. For one the Jefferson plant is not being retooled just for the 4xe. It’s being retooled with a line that can make any/all of the 3 Grand Cherokee versions, just like they can at the Mack plant.

Plus the number of 4xe compared to the number of gas powered Grand Cherokees is very slim, and doesn’t warrant an entire line.

They need the Jefferson overflow to accommodate the demand for the gas powered versions.

·
Registered
668 Posts
Jeep should really do something special for all the early orders since there has been (and still is) such a delay and add some sort of "First Edition" bonus similar to what GMC did for Hummers.

View attachment 5258
Sadly, I feel the same. Would be awesome for them to even "unlock" a few features like color ambient lighting on lower trims or something. Basically cost nothing but worth something to a customer.

1 - 20 of 3112 Posts