Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
2921 - 2940 of 3271 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
(That said, if they were in a situation where they had to hold all their remaining 2022 orders—say, because of something like the constrained supply of dual-pane sunroofs—they’d spool up the 2023s rather than let the plant go fallow. But my understanding is that they prefer as clean a transition as possible.)

·
Registered
319 Posts
My understanding is that they try to (for example) start all 2022 builds for a given vehicle type before they start any 2023 builds for the same type—though I don’t know if that holds true when all the 2022s have “2023 Model Year Specs.”

But even then, yes, there are always things that cause people with the earlier model year to get them later than some people with the later model year, including (but probably not limited to) vehicles that have to be corrected during quality control, vehicles that have to have add-ons at the body shop, and—especially—varying transit times.

For example, if the last 2022 to start production was a Trailhawk going to Seattle, and the first 2023 was a base model going to Detroit, that Michigander would probably get his 2023 at least 5 weeks before the Seattleite gets his 2022.
Agreed.....Here's someone...probably a dealer lot getting its 2023 JGC Summit (built on August 15th according to the window sticker) before my 2022 JGC Trailhawk 4Xe went into production on September 16th....heck the 2023 has a lower VIN than my 2022.....I know its not a perfect world.... :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Something odd that I could view and download the build sheet through my cell phone browser but not via PC windows browsers (showing No records found corresponding to the VIN provided). Both devices visited exact same website and VIN was copied.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Something odd that I could view and download the build sheet through my cell phone browser but not via PC windows browsers (showing No records found corresponding to the VIN provided). Both devices visited exact same website and VIN was copied.
Try again in an hour or so.

I had seen somewhere else that happening and it popped back up a few hours later.

You can also just link here, just fill in your own VIN.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,925 ·
Last week, my dealer (who sucks) made me come in and pay for my vehicle even though it’s not due until October 7. (Apparently they get invoiced when it ships.) They were utterly confused by the VIN change. Not only did all the paperwork have the old VIN, but when I told them it had changed, they insisted I was wrong. I had to show them my window sticker and make them search their system using the new VIN before they believed me.

Hopefully your dealers aren’t idiots, but if you had a VIN change, you might want to double check it everywhere it appears on your paperwork. (Even after I corrected them, they still missed it one place.)
Whoa.... so you did the entire deal and now you own the car? What guarantees do you have from the dealership if it shows up damaged? Do you have insurance on it? Are you going to have to make payment on a vehicle you don't have yet if for some reason it doesn't show up until November? Terrible practice but I know dealerships are doing a lot to "keep the lights on" that is eye raising.

Reactions: catsartcox

·
Registered
111 Posts
Agreed.....Here's someone...probably a dealer lot getting its 2023 JGC Summit (built on August 15th according to the window sticker) before my 2022 JGC Trailhawk 4Xe went into production on September 16th....heck the 2023 has a lower VIN than my 2022.....I know its not a perfect world.... :)
Can't really compare ICE to 4XE - lots of 23 ICEs on the lots before any 4XEs were delivered. Also likely why they are building the 4xe to 2023 spec

·
Registered
20 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
This is very interesting as I still could not load the build sheet on PC browser but was able to view the sheet on cell phone. Exact same link I used.
our of curiosity, hit up WaitingForJeep.com and then on that page it will let you know if there is a build sheet available or not and link you to it.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

·
Registered
533 Posts
It is showing "Not Yet". I saw somebody else indicated that this site may have delay on build sheet, that's why I tried the direct link.
Both the tracker and waiting for Jeep pull their info from the same source.
My build sheet would show not available every so often

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,932 ·
I moved to KZ and my Window Sticker link showed up on the official tracker. No actual sticker yet but probably a few days away. Starting to feel like a normal car buying experience if I ignore February-July lol

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Vehicle

·
Registered
Trailhawk 4xe Order Placed and Accepted 14JAN2022
82 Posts
I moved to KZ and my Window Sticker link showed up on the official tracker. No actual sticker yet but probably a few days away. Starting to feel like a normal car buying experience if I ignore February-July lol

View attachment 7188
Check the waitingforjeep site. My window sticker actually pulled up there before the jeep tracker. Same as you, the link went to a page "not available yet". Been in KZ now for 5 days. No change in anything since.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,934 ·
Check the waitingforjeep site. My window sticker actually pulled up there before the jeep tracker. Same as you, the link went to a page "not available yet". Been in KZ now for 5 days. No change in anything since.
Yeah I already checked there before posting and it isn't available yet. Probably soon. Then I can just stare at it and dream about the day I can finally drive it.

Reactions: Stealthawk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah I already checked there before posting and it isn't available yet. Probably soon. Then I can just stare at it and dream about the day I can finally drive it.
Curious if the dealer will adjust pricing based on the updated 2022 MSRP. I assume most 2022 POCs listed 2023 MSRP.
Also, as time flies, the interest rate will likely increase again and again in October, November, and December...

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,936 ·
Curious if the dealer will adjust pricing based on the updated 2022 MSRP. I assume most 2022 POCs listed 2023 MSRP.
Also, as time flies, the interest rate will likely increase again and again in October, November, and December...
I ordered in February and that is the price I will get with price protection plus the 1% off from FCA Affiliate (have to have a code for it). It was before the price increase on the 22s which I think has been reduced again.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Got an updated ship date of 9/28. I'm still in D1 though, so is it likely that this will continue to be pushed back at this point?
The "ship" date is often the start of the build or at least its estimate. Why they say "Ship Date" is still a mystery to me.

The production dates I have in my signature below were all of the estimates I received listed as a "ship date" until I noticed I went into E status on the 14th. Once it hits E status, you will get a delivery estimate in most cases.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Last week, my dealer (who sucks) made me come in and pay for my vehicle even though it’s not due until October 7. (Apparently they get invoiced when it ships.) They were utterly confused by the VIN change. Not only did all the paperwork have the old VIN, but when I told them it had changed, they insisted I was wrong. I had to show them my window sticker and make them search their system using the new VIN before they believed me.

Hopefully your dealers aren’t idiots, but if you had a VIN change, you might want to double check it everywhere it appears on your paperwork. (Even after I corrected them, they still missed it one place.)
Buddy, you need to call your State's attorney general's office. What kind of shit is this...to make you pay for a car/enter in a finance agreement etc and you don't even have the product. Why should you pay extra at a time when you do not have the product? Then again, with the interest rates going up, they may have done you a favor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Buddy, you need to call your State's attorney general's office. What kind of shit is this...to make you pay for a car/enter in a finance agreement etc and you don't even have the product. Why should you pay extra at a time when you do not have the product? Then again, with the interest rates going up, they may have done you a favor.
I wonder if they were trying to lock in a interest rate?

I've heard anecdotes of dealers making you pay within 24-48 hours of the car hitting their lot or else they charge you a "Storage fee" for the exact reason you indicated--they have already had to start paying on the vehicle and in this climate, they can get away with asking for things people would have laughed in their faces at before. Interestingly, the "storage fee" only applies to before payment--they don't care when you come and pick it up, once you pay for it, they'll let it sit on their lot for a week or more without extra fees. However, this is the first reported anecdote of someone having to pay for the care BEFORE it gets there! What would they have done had you said "no?" I can't imagine it would be legal for them to charge a storage fee for a vehicle they weren't storing!

2921 - 2940 of 3271 Posts