Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
2941 - 2960 of 3276 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if they were trying to lock in a interest rate?

I've heard anecdotes of dealers making you pay within 24-48 hours of the car hitting their lot or else they charge you a "Storage fee" for the exact reason you indicated--they have already had to start paying on the vehicle and in this climate, they can get away with asking for things people would have laughed in their faces at before. Interestingly, the "storage fee" only applies to before payment--they don't care when you come and pick it up, once you pay for it, they'll let it sit on their lot for a week or more without extra fees. However, this is the first reported anecdote of someone having to pay for the care BEFORE it gets there! What would they have done had you said "no?" I can't imagine it would be legal for them to charge a storage fee for a vehicle they weren't storing!
It would be very nice if the dealer could lock the rates sooner than later after the car lands. Imaging the rates bumped much higher next month or two when most of the GC 4xe get delivered.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The "ship" date is often the start of the build or at least its estimate. Why they say "Ship Date" is still a mystery to me.

The production dates I have in my signature below were all of the estimates I received listed as a "ship date" until I noticed I went into E status on the 14th. Once it hits E status, you will get a delivery estimate in most cases.
I think in a lot of cases, especially for anything that does not require the body vendor, build and ship date tend to be the same. In most cases it only takes a day to build the vehicle and get it out. With the pandemic and supply chains, its not a "normal" time but the programming logic wasn't updated.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Jeuj! Our base has been delivered at the dealer today!! Unfortunately the sales rep is on PTO, so have to wait until Monday o_O
You're more patient than I am :) I'd be at the dealership without waiting for any particular sales guy.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I wonder if they were trying to lock in a interest rate?

I've heard anecdotes of dealers making you pay within 24-48 hours of the car hitting their lot or else they charge you a "Storage fee" for the exact reason you indicated--they have already had to start paying on the vehicle and in this climate, they can get away with asking for things people would have laughed in their faces at before. Interestingly, the "storage fee" only applies to before payment--they don't care when you come and pick it up, once you pay for it, they'll let it sit on their lot for a week or more without extra fees. However, this is the first reported anecdote of someone having to pay for the care BEFORE it gets there! What would they have done had you said "no?" I can't imagine it would be legal for them to charge a storage fee for a vehicle they weren't storing!
It’s a cash sale. I think they just really wanted it on their books in September rather than October for some reason.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Looks like my vehicle shipped! Anyone know anything about these carriers or how to track the vehicle? I think I saw someone a while back on here taking their vehicle via a carrier's website...

Fully optioned trailhawk, ordered Feb 16.

View attachment 7191
Congrats! Maybe there’s hope for the rest of us waiting for THs. I ordered about the same time.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Looks like my vehicle shipped! Anyone know anything about these carriers or how to track the vehicle? I think I saw someone a while back on here taking their vehicle via a carrier's website...

View attachment 7191
Did you get that info from the dealer?

·
Registered
319 Posts
This is very interesting as I still could not load the build sheet on PC browser but was able to view the sheet on cell phone. Exact same link I used.
On the contrary. I do believe you can compare as most of the same chip bearing parts are used on both vehicles. Only thing different is the drive train. Yes that is a significant difference. I understand what you’re saying I just don’t agree. I think it’s ok to agree to disagree. The 2022s should be completed prior to the 2023s.

EDIT. The other thing is when Jeep took brand new orders in July and they are being built ahead of all the orders from December 2021 and the January - March 2022 orders.

·
Registered
2022 JGC TH, Adv ProTech Group II
39 Posts

View attachment 7191
Congratulations! Still no movement on my TH. Ordered Jan 14

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,956 ·
My Window Sticker became available this morning! Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Interestingly neither the official Jeep Tracker nor the Waitingforjeep site have the Window Sticker yet but my tracker on https://cryptostickers.net/ not only has it but sent me an alert that it was available. They also had my Build Sheet first.

·
Registered
21' Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Grand Cherokee 4xe Summit reserve on order
75 Posts
It seems that the pipes are finally unclogging for US deliveries ... Now, my point is when are export models going to enter into production ?

2941 - 2960 of 3276 Posts