Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
4381 - 4400 of 4458 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
She finally came in and I picked her up yesterday! Following along in this forum has helped me keep my sanity since January when I placed my order.

The journey has just begun, I'm going to build it out as the ultimate overlanding rig. I'll post updates in the appropriate sections of this forum, but feel free to follow along on IG @Grand4xE if that's your thing.

I'd love the community's feedback as I decide next steps, so keep an eye out for me in the rest of the forum if you're into buildouts.

Note: The factory deleted the Mopar Protection Pack from my order without any communication, it was on the POC form but just showed up without it and the dealer said Stellantis removed it all together.

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
At least one of the tracking sites is decoding “2022 models with 2023 specs“ as 2023 models. It’s easy to verify it yourself, though: VIN character 10 is the model year; N = 2022, P = 2023.
When in doubt about the model year... go to Welcome to VIN Decoding :: provided by vPIC

Vins with N87 got the 2023 Spec listed on the build sheet.
Vins with N85 got the 2022 Spec listed.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,385 ·
She finally came in and I picked her up yesterday! Following along in this forum has helped me keep my sanity since January when I placed my order.

The journey has just begun, I'm going to build it out as the ultimate overlanding rig. I'll post updates in the appropriate sections of this forum, but feel free to follow along on IG @Grand4xE if that's your thing.

I'd love the community's feedback as I decide next steps, so keep an eye out for me in the rest of the forum if you're into building outs.

Note: The factory deleted the Mopar Protection Pack from my order without any communication, it was on the POC form but just showed up without it and the dealer said Stellantis removed it all together.

View attachment 8110
View attachment 8109
Great pictures!!!! Do yo have the McIntosh sound system or the Alpine? Congrats and enjoy! I know I am loving my Summit Reserve!

Ignore my question about sound system. I read overlanding and though you got an Overland model

Reactions: Grand4xE

·
Registered
116 Posts
For the ones who already got their Trailhawks, did it come with the cargo privacy cover?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,389 ·
For the ones who already got their Trailhawks, did it come with the cargo privacy cover?
It doesn't come with any model. I have a Summit Reserve and had to buy one. I did see over on another forum that someone got their dealership to order them one free of charge but grain of salt/mileage may vary.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,390 ·
Got it on an email from them. He looked it up in their order product catalog and on a build list. Also said the 2022 with the 2023 build code includes it also. Our family has bought more that 20 FCA products from him over the years.
5 Grand Cherokees.
He’s the commercial sales manager and the dealer is the largest Ram dealer in CA. Never had them steer us wrong. Of course the factory could change things …..
Found a 2022 Overland 4xe walk around from a dealer on YouTube and the McIntosh is there

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh I was kidding about the get it in writing and was just saying it would be odd if it DIDN'T have the premium system. I probably worded my response a little weirdly.
Don't mind me I'm on the edge with the 2022 Overland.

I figured.... you were kidding.

We have been living a nightmare with the V6 since last June when we picked it up.

It went all of 10 miles before it started having major safety systems shutting down, so we are kind of use to the joke stuff.

The funny thing is even in writing they could always change it up. I'm pretty sure the system will be there. There is no order option - its standard based on the configurator when the dealer places an order and all the sales info they have.

We originally had a 4Xe on order since Jan 2022 but could not wait any longer so we bought the V6 - Now FCA is buying it back and they fixed us up with Employee Pricing if we would buy another FCA product. So the pricing was very good.

To be honest we were heading down the Ford / Lincoln path as I get X Plan from Ford.

But, we are die hard Jeeps - 8 GC's so far.

Reactions: mkenny28

·
Registered
87 Posts
It doesn't come with any model. I have a Summit Reserve and had to buy one. I did see over on another forum that someone got their dealership to order them one free of charge but grain of salt/mileage may vary.
I got mine from a dealer in Michigan that has an eBay store. Started with a G Think.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Has anyone besides me placed an order for a 2023 4Xe? Order in yesterday - Vin issued overnight.... Corp is pushing it thru for us as this is a replacement for one they are buying back. We'll see how it goes. The build just showed up on the jeep.com tracking site.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Has anyone besides me placed an order for a 2023 4Xe? Order in yesterday - Vin issued overnight.... Corp is pushing it thru for us as this is a replacement for one they are buying back. We'll see how it goes. The build just showed up on the jeep.com tracking site.
Does your VIN# have a N or a P for the 8th to last digit? If its an N then its a 2022 with 2023 specs but if its P then its really a 2023. A lot of tracking sites will say its a 2023 regardless but that letter is what matters. I am sure it will transition to 2023's soon but who knows when that will officially happen. If your VIN actually has a P in it I would suspect it would have a greater chance at being delayed rather than being expedited.

·
Registered
378 Posts
No, mine didn't have it....thought it was weird that it didn't...my 2020 Trailhawk V6 had it is why I thought it was weird the 2022 Trailhawk didn't have a cover.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I am in the same boat. I'm about to bail on my order too because it's been in "I" for 2+ months. I found an almost-identical one that landed about 180 miles away on Thursday, so I'm currently working on securing that one. Only difference is I won't get the passenger screen, but at least I'll have the car.
Passenger screen is pretty useless in most scenarios. Unless you are a frequent road-tripper whos passenger likes to watch movies....it does allow for use of the native Tom Tom map app, but no interface with google or car play.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Public service message....
I received delivery of my GC 4Xe Base on 9/30 so I'm a month and a half in with about 1900 miles on it. I was having a difficult time keeping it in electric mode over several commutes to and from work and then the check engine light came on, so it was time to make an appointment with the dealer to get it checked out. Incidentally, I decided to add some washer fluid so I opened up the hood. There are foam insulation blocks in the corners by the firewall under the hood opening and on the driver side the block was all chewed up. There was also a an area of foam in the center under the windshield that was also chewed and some of the wiring was chewed as well. Thanks rodents...I suspect these are made of some "environmentally friendly" sot based foam of some sort that may attract rodents as there were no other areas effected and the chewed wires were right next to a chewed area of foam. You may want to spray those with some kind of rodent deterrent or suffer the same fate. I have an appt with my local jeep dealer on Tuesday so will find out the $$$ damage then hopefully. I wish they would put rodent bait veggie foam in the engine bay...Thanks JEEP! I am in West Los Angeles, so not exactly farm country here.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Public service message....
I received delivery of my GC 4Xe Base on 9/30 so I'm a month and a half in with about 1900 miles on it. I was having a difficult time keeping it in electric mode over several commutes to and from work and then the check engine light came on, so it was time to make an appointment with the dealer to get it checked out. Incidentally, I decided to add some washer fluid so I opened up the hood. There are foam insulation blocks in the corners by the firewall under the hood opening and on the driver side the block was all chewed up. There was also a an area of foam in the center under the windshield that was also chewed and some of the wiring was chewed as well. Thanks rodents...I suspect these are made of some "environmentally friendly" sot based foam of some sort that may attract rodents as there were no other areas effected and the chewed wires were right next to a chewed area of foam. You may want to spray those with some kind of rodent deterrent or suffer the same fate. I have an appt with my local jeep dealer on Tuesday so will find out the $$$ damage then hopefully. I wish they would put rodent bait veggie foam in the engine bay...Thanks JEEP! I am in West Los Angeles, so not exactly farm country here.
What a bummer! Thanks for the tip. Had this happen multiple times on my riding mowers stored in the barn. Field mice love soy-based wire insulation and can raise all kinds of hell. Difficult to control.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Does your VIN# have a N or a P for the 8th to last digit? If its an N then its a 2022 with 2023 specs but if its P then its really a 2023. A lot of tracking sites will say its a 2023 regardless but that letter is what matters. I am sure it will transition to 2023's soon but who knows when that will officially happen. If your VIN actually has a P in it I would suspect it would have a greater chance at being delayed rather than being expedited.
It has a P...... It has been scheduled to be assembled.... so I guess that's a good thing.
I think they are pushing it thru the process due to all of the issues we have had with the V6 purchased last June. The manager working this for us is very good.

Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Car Tire

·
Registered
87 Posts
What a bummer! Thanks for the tip. Had this happen multiple times on my riding mowers stored in the barn. Field mice love soy-based wire insulation and can raise all kinds of hell. Difficult to control.
Somewhere I remember reading about a BMW that had this occur....

4381 - 4400 of 4458 Posts