Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
4401 - 4420 of 4458 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
It has a P...... It has been scheduled to be assembled.... so I guess that's a good thing.
I think they are pushing it thru the process due to all of the issues we have had with the V6 purchased last June. The manager working this for us is very good.

View attachment 8118
The big step is hitting production. I will be really surprised if it goes in this year but who knows. A lot of us sat at D1 "scheduled" for 6 months before anything moved. I don't think that will be the case this time but I will be shocked to see it move soon. I would expect a 2022 build to have priority over a 2023 but considering they are making 2022's with 2023 specs the transition could happen at any point. Good luck!

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
87 Posts
The big step is hitting production. I will be really surprised if it goes in this year but who knows. A lot of us sat at D1 "scheduled" for 6 months before anything moved. I don't think that will be the case this time but I will be shocked to see it move soon. I would expect a 2022 build to have priority over a 2023 but considering they are making 2022's with 2023 specs the transition could happen at any point. Good luck!
The build seems to be moving pretty quick. The person helping us is connected to the Jeep CEO’s office. They are buying our current one back and that has been moving fast also. It was just ordered on Wednesday. Either way we’ve gone 5 months without a reliable one so a few months more will not matter.

I did see on YouTube that a dealer just got a 2023 Black one which was being reviewed. That was posted in the last few days so maybe they are starting to build and ship 2023 4Xe’s.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have not seen these - Thought these might be of interest. The High Performance Audio is standard on Overlands and Summits.

Attachments

Reactions: mkenny28

·
Registered
378 Posts
I have a question for all that currently have their 2022 JGC 4Xe. According to the 2022 Product info under Exterior Features (the 2023 product info says the same thing in above post)....lighting it says that the Trailhawks will have Amber daytime running lights DRL and the Overland's and Summit's will have the led white DRL. Does anyone have the LED strip on the headlamps as a DRL? On my Trailhawk the only time the amber LED strip lights up is when the turn signal is on. If I go in through the radio and turn on the DRL the only thing that lights up are the actual headlights as a DRL. This doesn't fall inline with the Product info???

·
Registered
673 Posts
I have a question for all that currently have their 2022 JGC 4Xe. According to the 2022 Product info under Exterior Features (the 2023 product info says the same thing in above post)....lighting it says that the Trailhawks will have Amber daytime running lights DRL and the Overland's and Summit's will have the led white DRL. Does anyone have the LED strip on the headlamps as a DRL? On my Trailhawk the only time the amber LED strip lights up is when the turn signal is on. If I go in through the radio and turn on the DRL the only thing that lights up are the actual headlights as a DRL. This doesn't fall inline with the Product info???
Nope the amber isn’t active on mine. Like a lot of things in Jeeps website, things are subject to change and aren’t always accurate

·
Registered
53 Posts
Has anyone had any issues accelerating when driving in electric mode? Four different times now when I've been on the highway going around 60mph or so, when I try to accelerate, nothing happens. Three of the times, a message came on that said "electric mode temporarily unavailable," and then switches over to hybrid mode, but the latest time (this morning), I didn't even get that message. I had to manually hit the hybrid button.

Also, I've noticed in hybrid mode, the gear shifting is jerky at times (primarily b/c the engine doesn't seem to transition well between gears and frequently feels like it gets stuck before it eventually shifts to a higher gear). I realize things won't be perfect with this vehicle given that it's a brand new model, but this is very problematic. The acceleration issue coupled with the hybrid gear shifting issue needs to be fixed.

Has anyone else experienced these issues?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,408 ·
Has anyone had any issues accelerating when driving in electric mode? Four different times now when I've been on the highway going around 60mph or so, when I try to accelerate, nothing happens. Three of the times, a message came on that said "electric mode temporarily unavailable," and then switches over to hybrid mode, but the latest time (this morning), I didn't even get that message. I had to manually hit the hybrid button.

Also, I've noticed in hybrid mode, the gear shifting is jerky at times (primarily b/c the engine doesn't seem to transition well between gears and frequently feels like it gets stuck before it eventually shifts to a higher gear). I realize things won't be perfect with this vehicle given that it's a brand new model, but this is very problematic. The acceleration issue coupled with the hybrid gear shifting issue needs to be fixed.

The engine switch on when accelerating in Electric Mode is laggy at best but if you floor it it should kick on. I have yet to have an electric mode temp unavail notice and have not had any jerky gear shifts. Correct me if I am wrong but haven't you had quite a bit of these kinds of issues? Probably time to bite the bullet and get it to a service department, which is easier said than done in a large amount of dealerships these days.

·
Registered
378 Posts

Negative...no issues like you mention....take it to the dealer and see if you are missing an update....mine transitions well and the gas engine kicks in when needed. You feel ALL 470lbs of torque (to me it feels like more) when you hit the skinny pedal!!! no matter what mode your in.

EDIT: you have to drive these like a HD diesel pickup...you can't dump the pedal....you have to hit it slowly at first then gradually hit it harder....if you ever had a turbo diesel truck for any length of time you'll probably understand...what I'm saying...

Reactions: brnscofrnld

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,410 ·
Negative...no issues like you mention....take it to the dealer and see if you are missing an update....mine transitions well and the gas engine kicks in when needed. You feel ALL 470lbs of torque (to me it feels like more) when you hit the skinny pedal!!! no matter what mode your in.
I really hadn't been pushing mine much until I was through my break in process but I pushed it the other day to pass a bunch of left laners (it is a thing in Louisiana where the slowest drivers often drive in the left lane exclusively and refuse to move out of the way...) and I was absolutely blown away with how it takes off and my face hurt from smiling.

·
Registered
921 Posts
I really hadn't been pushing mine much until I was through my break in process but I pushed it the other day to pass a bunch of left laners (it is a thing in Louisiana where the slowest drivers often drive in the left lane exclusively and refuse to move out of the way...) and I was absolutely blown away with how it takes off and my face hurt from smiling.
Motorweek's latest episode put the 4xe through their test and they did 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. That's the fastest I've seen it go. That episode should be live tomorrow I believe. I've only seen 5.7's-5.8's for the JGC 4xe which seems to be pretty consistent across reviewers.

Edit: I should add I did 2 runs with my V6 and V8 JGC's. V6 = 7.46 seconds V8 = 6.49 seconds. There is a big difference between the V6 to V8 and I am expecting a similar difference between a V8 and 4xe.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Motorweek's latest episode put the 4xe through their test and they did 0-60 in 5.3 seconds. That's the fastest I've seen it go. That episode should be live tomorrow I believe. I've only seen 5.7's-5.8's for the JGC 4xe which seems to be pretty consistent across reviewers.

Edit: I should add I did 2 runs with my V6 and V8 JGC's. V6 = 7.46 seconds V8 = 6.49 seconds. There is a big difference between the V6 to V8 and I am expecting a similar difference between a V8 and 4xe.
Here’s what I don’t understand. They rate the JGC at 375hp and 470ft lbs of torque. How do they get to that? If you look at the 22 or 23 product info and add up the 2 electric motors and the ICE for HP and torque…it’s well over the 375 and 470. I think they are being very modest with their ratings.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
EDIT: you have to drive these like a HD diesel pickup...you can't dump the pedal....you have to hit it slowly at first then gradually hit it harder....if you ever had a turbo diesel truck for any length of time you'll probably understand...what I'm saying...
I do miss the powerband of my 6.0 but not the fuel ups.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here’s what I don’t understand. They rate the JGC at 375hp and 470ft lbs of torque. How do they get to that? If you look at the 22 or 23 product info and add up the 2 electric motors and the ICE for HP and torque…it’s well over the 375 and 470. I think they are being very modest with their ratings.
From my understanding the HP from all the motors is greater than the 375hp but they don't peak out their hp all at the same time but rather level out the power curve. HOWEVER when you watch the one video of a wrangler 4xe on the dyno and back calculate whp to hp its just about 400hp.

·
Registered
240 Posts

I got that message once. Changed to hybrid mode for a while and went back to electric later and it was fine. I haven’t had any issues with gear shifting in hybrid but IMO the car drives better when not in max gen mode.

·
Registered
240 Posts
On the POC estimated ship date was 11/01, it actually shipped on 11/05. Though at first there was some conflicting info, it has since been ironed out as it has indeed shipped. Someone that also works at Jeep (not Jeep wave) confirmed with me (shipped status) but couldn't locate a screen to see where it exactly was. There is no ETA but I do know it was "hot tagged" when I accepted the numbers. It feels weird not having my Jeep as I sold it Monday but I couldn't pass up the offer. So if I am without it for 2-3 weeks I can deal. Would be nice to have it by the end of the month though!
Did yours arrive yet? While I am all set now with my SR (which is awesome) I just checked my original order and still shows in production!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Did yours arrive yet? While I am all set now with my SR (which is awesome) I just checked my original order and still shows in production!
Mine actual order is still in production also (Status = "I"). I found the exact build that went into production on 10/31 and KZ status on 11/05. It got hot tagged a week or so ago and just went into (KZ Stage Delivery on 11/16). I am hoping to have it by month end but who knows. Ill have to go get it too which is only about 100 miles away. I've already sold my 2018 Jeep because I can't take the prices going down any further.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Mine actual order is still in production also (Status = "I"). I found the exact build that went into production on 10/31 and KZ status on 11/05. It got hot tagged a week or so ago and just went into (KZ Stage Delivery on 11/16). I am hoping to have it by month end but who knows. Ill have to go get it too which is only about 100 miles away. I've already sold my 2018 Jeep because I can't take the prices going down any further.
Wow. If you don’t have the last 2022 Jeep released by the factory, I think you’ll at least be really, really close.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Wow. If you don’t have the last 2022 Jeep released by the factory, I think you’ll at least be really, really close.
Its an honor to be one of the first to order and one of the last to receive then... being sarcastic but then also might be a good thing if my order was just going to be a lemon.

4401 - 4420 of 4458 Posts