Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
4421 - 4440 of 4458 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Here’s what I don’t understand. They rate the JGC at 375hp and 470ft lbs of torque. How do they get to that? If you look at the 22 or 23 product info and add up the 2 electric motors and the ICE for HP and torque…it’s well over the 375 and 470. I think they are being very modest with their ratings.
Motorweeks video is out. Their 0-60 is the fastest I've seen the JGC 4xe go.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Interesting that they say once the battery drains the car has less “oomph”. Shouldn’t it still be the same because the car always has the same horsepower and torque? The reserve power in the battery should make sure of that, no?

·
Registered
921 Posts
Interesting that they say once the battery drains the car has less “oomph”. Shouldn’t it still be the same because the car always has the same horsepower and torque? The reserve power in the battery should make sure of that, no?
Ya I generally don't hear this so I thought it was a bit odd. It was fun to watch that Jeep squat on launch though lol

Edit: Maybe once the battery is "depleted", answering to a launch request isn't priority and keeps it more in reserves? I have no answer but again interesting they noted it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does anyone know the Sales code for LED DAYTIME RUNNING LAMPS- PARK/TURN? This would be for a Summit/Summit Reserve or Overland. Where can I find a list of all of the Sales codes for the JGC 4Xe?

EDIT. The sales code is LPJP.

·
Registered
167 Posts
To recap: my original order was with Covert Jeep who botched it so the vehicle built wasn't what I ordered. Then I went to another dealership and put my name on a 4xe that was already in Final Inspection. That car has now been in "I" for like 10 weeks, so I went to AutoNation near Houston and found one on the lot and bought it Saturday.

However, I still wanted my deposit back from the 2nd dealership that I had the "I" order with, so I went over there today and had a chat with them. I did get my deposit back, and finally got some information why my car was still stuck in "I". He said Jeep told him it was a parts issue. I guess the car got built, failed inspection, and the part they needed wasn't available, so it was just sitting around for 10 weeks. He told me Chrysler had been canceling a bunch of their Pacifica orders because of parts shortages.

So, bottom line is I finally have my 4xe on my 3rd attempt, and I love it! It's missing the passenger screen which is unfortunate, but I'm not too upset since it was pretty much gimmick anyway. Got my deposit back from my original botched February order and from my missing-parts October order. All is good.

·
Registered
921 Posts
To recap: my original order was with Covert Jeep who botched it so the vehicle built wasn't what I ordered. Then I went to another dealership and put my name on a 4xe that was already in Final Inspection. That car has now been in "I" for like 10 weeks, so I went to AutoNation near Houston and found one on the lot and bought it Saturday.

However, I still wanted my deposit back from the 2nd dealership that I had the "I" order with, so I went over there today and had a chat with them. I did get my deposit back, and finally got some information why my car was still stuck in "I". He said Jeep told him it was a parts issue. I guess the car got built, failed inspection, and the part they needed wasn't available, so it was just sitting around for 10 weeks. He told me Chrysler had been canceling a bunch of their Pacifica orders because of parts shortages.

So, bottom line is I finally have my 4xe on my 3rd attempt, and I love it! It's missing the passenger screen which is unfortunate, but I'm not too upset since it was pretty much gimmick anyway. Got my deposit back from my original botched February order and from my missing-parts October order. All is good.
As you likely know I too am stuck in "I" and today is Day 63. I have since parted ways with that order and got my deposit back. I chose to purchase the EXACT build about 100 miles away that was in KZ (Awaiting Shipment) as of 11/03. As of right now its in KZ (Stage Delivery) but went into that status on 11/16. Really really crossing my fingers that it will move but with all the holidays coming up I am losing optimism that I will take delivery by year end. How some people can go into build and slip through the process flawlessly but then others have to fight tooth and nail to even get a sniff of progress is frustrating.

Reactions: TaiChi

·
Registered
921 Posts
I did get an update from my dealership today however it was only updated with the same status of "KZ - Stage Delivery" and still hasn't left the yard and no ETA to dealership... ugh. At this point I could have gotten married, had a kid and even been divorced by now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I did get an update from my dealership today however it was only updated with the same status of "KZ - Stage Delivery" and still hasn't left the yard and no ETA to dealership... ugh. At this point I could have gotten married, had a kid and even been divorced by now.
Good on you, hope all goes well with your delivery. I'm day 50 in "I" with no line of sight nor help from dealer. I'm walking away as this has been a shit show and I can't in any way support Jeep any more for unacceptable communication and lack of transparency. I don't want a 22 model in 23. They can keep my deposit for all I care.

This was my first and last time with Jeep / Stellantis. Good riddance.

Otherwise it has been an honor to wait with you gents.

• Haha
Reactions: Roy Hobbs

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,431 ·
Good on you, hope all goes well with your delivery. I'm day 50 in "I" with no line of sight nor help from dealer. I'm walking away as this has been a shit show and I can't in any way support Jeep any more for unacceptable communication and lack of transparency. I don't want a 22 model in 23. They can keep my deposit for all I care.

This was my first and last time with Jeep / Stellantis. Good riddance.

Otherwise it has been an honor to wait with you gents.
Didn't you order like 10-11 weeks ago? lol Totally get it though; I would have a tough time sitting and waiting through the end of the year and then getting a 2022.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn't you order like 10-11 weeks ago? lol Totally get it though; I would have a tough time sitting and waiting through the end of the year and then getting a 2022.
LOL yea. I must sound like a petulant baby vs you warriors waiting since last year lol. But it's mostly not being able to receive a 22 model in 22 that's pissing me off.

• Haha
Reactions: mkenny28

·
Registered
87 Posts
regarding order tracking - Ours went to Scheduled 2 days after the order went in. Is this good, bad or does it mean nothing?

·
Registered
12 Posts
As a FYI I am suddenly seeing a lot of GC4XEs available for purchase in Seattle area dealerships, more importantly dealerships are offering discounts below MSRP in addition to Jeep customer cash. Almost makes me wish I had held off a month as it seems like there is much more selection available now. My sense is that a lot of orders have been canceled and a lot of spec cars are also starting to arrive. The place I bought my GC4XE from now has 24 either on the lot or on their way to the lot that are up for grabs. If you are worried about getting your vehicle this calendar year and are willing to be flexible on options and colors this may be the way to go.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes we have looked around. Problem is we want a very specific one. Also we are getting employee pricing and most dealers in our area, with the exception of the one we ordered from - a dealer we have done a lot of biz with - refuse to sell one on the employee plan. We’ll see how the next few weeks go. Also we are in the middle of the buyback process which should wrap up in the next 2 weeks. A lot of balls in the air.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yes we have looked around. Problem is we want a very specific one. Also we are getting employee pricing and most dealers in our area, with the exception of the one we ordered from - a dealer we have done a lot of biz with - refuse to sell one on the employee plan. We’ll see how the next few weeks go. Also we are in the middle of the buyback process which should wrap up in the next 2 weeks. A lot of balls in the air.
We got an update this morning. Dealer now has a build date of 12/9. They said there Grand Cherokees usually show up at the dealer 2 weeks after the build date. So ordered on 11/16 build date 12/9 for a 2023 Overland 4Xe- guess that’s pretty good.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,438 ·
We got an update this morning. Dealer now has a build date of 12/9. They said there Grand Cherokees usually show up at the dealer 2 weeks after the build date. So ordered on 11/16 build date 12/9 for a 2023 Overland 4Xe- guess that’s pretty good.
I am going to be shocked if you get it before 12/31 with the holidays in between. If you are banking on the 7500.00 I would start talking to them about getting as much done paperwork wise if possible. They may not be able to do it without the vehicle on site though. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting; it is coming down to the wire.

Reactions: brnscofrnld

·
Registered
87 Posts
I am going to be shocked if you get it before 12/31 with the holidays in between. If you are banking on the 7500.00 I would start talking to them about getting as much done paperwork wise if possible. They may not be able to do it without the vehicle on site though. Fingers crossed for everyone still waiting; it is coming down to the wire.
Yup - not sure if they can sell it before it arrives. We’ll see. The Corp manager said he was going to try and move it up a few days.
I think it’s amazing it’s moving this fast and he’s been pretty good at making things happen. He planned to work on moving it up once there was a build date.

For now we view the Fed and State stuff as a bonus. We want this rig.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4,440 ·
Yup - not sure if they can sell it before it arrives. We’ll see. The Corp manager said he was going to try and move it up a few days.
I think it’s amazing it’s moving this fast and he’s been pretty good at making things happen. He planned to work on moving it up once there was a build date.

For now we view the Fed and State stuff as a bonus. We want this rig.
Yeah, and the tax credit stuff isn't exactly clear on what constitutes a deal in place in order to qualify for the 7500. On the lease that falls on Chrysler Financial though so maybe they have a way? Definitely moving very fast for you. Keep us posted; we love a good win.

4421 - 4440 of 4458 Posts