Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
461 - 480 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Give you a very elementary observation to make sense out of people mindset's and what they want. Been many national and Local news stories about gasoline recently due to price of course.

Many stories lead in with a wanna save 2 bucks a gallon, or want to save 30% type teasers.

Then the punchline, drop aggressive driving, drive the speed limit, or drive 60 instead of 70 type stories.

Knowing this, drive home from work today and just observe, its really something.

Because the multiplication of wind resistance doubling every 5 MPH above 50 MPH is a incredible thing

·
Registered
63 Posts
Give you a very elementary observation to make sense out of people mindset's and what they want. Been many national and Local news stories about gasoline recently due to price of course.

Many stories lead in with a wanna save 2 bucks a gallon, or want to save 30% type teasers.

Then the punchline, drop aggressive driving, drive the speed limit, or drive 60 instead of 70 type stories.

Knowing this, drive home from work today and just observe, its really something.

Because the multiplication of wind resistance doubling every 5 MPH above 50 MPH is a incredible thing
My current commute is in a 2017 VW Golf Alltrack. My dive is 13 miles, one way, probably 90% highway. About a month ago, I reduced my travel speed from about 75-80mph to 65mph using cruise. Watched my average MPG go from about 23ish to a steady 31 peaking at 35. I can now get about 50 miles more out of a tank of gas than what I was getting before. All ballpark numbers, but slowing down made so much difference in fuel consumption.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
No update today for me... though I did only reach to to Jeep chat because I am supposed to be working lol.

·
Registered
281 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I think you missed the point.
Inline V6 is a misnomer unless you exclusively describe the Subaru or Porsche horizontally opposed flat 6 cyl. (180 degree V) engines.
roger...I thought you made a mistake with the V6 and were saying that there would never be an I6 in a Jeep product....my bad.

Reactions: f1anatic

·
Registered
70 Posts
I don't know why I bothered... maybe I was just bored, but I chatted with Jeep Chat and asked them if any were coming off the assembly line. I got the stock response:

"Yes, production of the 4ex's has begun, I don't have details on if any have completed or shipped out yet but they are expected to start arriving on dealer lots June and July."

Whether that's true I have no clue. 50/50 chance. By "production" maybe they just mean the body panels, engine assemblies, seats, and all the basic components are being manufactured and stockpiled, but I doubt any final assembled cars have actually rolled down the line.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not that it matters from a salesman at this point but an email I recieved this afternoon just checking in had this little tidbit when I joked about waiting for the '23...

"We're currently waiting for 23's for you anyways since 22's aren't available for order."

I'm on their waiting list to order since I was late to the early order party.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I don't know why I bothered... maybe I was just bored, but I chatted with Jeep Chat and asked them if any were coming off the assembly line. I got the stock response:

"Yes, production of the 4ex's has begun, I don't have details on if any have completed or shipped out yet but they are expected to start arriving on dealer lots June and July."

Whether that's true I have no clue. 50/50 chance. By "production" maybe they just mean the body panels, engine assemblies, seats, and all the basic components are being manufactured and stockpiled, but I doubt any final assembled cars have actually rolled down the line.
Ya I decided to bug them too this afternoon as well. I asked this very specific question. "Have you seen any customer Grand Cherokee 4xe's built?, not to be confused by the Wrangler 4xe." and her respond which wasn't canned "Yes I have ." Again take it with a grain of salt. I don't know why I asked because would I even believe it outside of hearing "No" anyways?

·
Registered
281 Posts
My dealer just emailed me from this business trip to Detroit. Literally cut and paste of my email and his.

--- My email to him

Good Evening Erik,

Sorry to bother you while you're on your business trip but I'm very curious to know if you "heard" anything? Maybe you have been asked not to disclose and that is ok. I am not throwing in the towel if its just delayed for a while longer. The "Road to the draft presented by Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe" is a bit frustrating to watch as I'm like where are they?! Anyways, I won't bother you any further.

Have a good evening,
Russ

--- His response

Russ,

Not a bother at all. I meant to email you before dinner but got side tracked. We met today with the head of US Sales and his exact words were that “production will start in a couple weeks” hoping this holds true and we do see some rolling off the line.

--- End

Maybe a few more weeks?... maybe... May all over again? Man I hope not.
Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
78 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Didn't you order one because of advertising?
The advertising leading up to my order was quite different than what it is now. There wasn't much information before I ordered. The initial I bet its coming, the initial leaked and spied pictures and information, the debut and when the order banks were to open. I didn't even know how much I was spending when I placed my order. I knew it may be a bit before I saw this thing but I didn't realize it be a half year and no production has even started considering the website said "Coming Winter 2021". It soon changed to "Coming Winter 2022 then Spring 2022... and now it looks like Summer 2022. I guess they would start advertising more often as they near the true launch day and they start rolling off the line. Maybe it's more me thinking what an unsuspected customer may need to go through before they get to enjoy their purchase.

461 - 480 of 517 Posts