281 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
281 Posts
Didn't you order one because of advertising?
I guess in thinking about your comment, you are right... it was advertising that got me to order... just a different type of advertising. Now they can focus on not so much the enthusiast but the market. So do I dare say their marketing worked?

·
Registered
2022 Rubicon 4xe
913 Posts
I get the frustration but cars missed release schedules when times were much more predictable than they are now...

The advertising leading up to my order was quite different than what it is now. There wasn't much information before I ordered. The initial I bet its coming, the initial leaked and spied pictures and information, the debut and when the order banks were to open. I didn't even know how much I was spending when I placed my order. I knew it may be a bit before I saw this thing but I didn't realize it be a half year and no production has even started considering the website said "Coming Winter 2021". It soon changed to "Coming Winter 2022 then Spring 2022... and now it looks like Summer 2022. I guess they would start advertising more often as they near the true launch day and they start rolling off the line. Maybe it's more me thinking what an unsuspected customer may need to go through before they get to enjoy their purchase.

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe
95 Posts
My dealer just emailed me from this business trip to Detroit. Literally cut and paste of my email and his.

--- My email to him

Good Evening Erik,

Sorry to bother you while you're on your business trip but I'm very curious to know if you "heard" anything? Maybe you have been asked not to disclose and that is ok. I am not throwing in the towel if its just delayed for a while longer. The "Road to the draft presented by Jeep Grand Cherokee 4xe" is a bit frustrating to watch as I'm like where are they?! Anyways, I won't bother you any further.

Have a good evening,
Russ

--- His response

Russ,

Not a bother at all. I meant to email you before dinner but got side tracked. We met today with the head of US Sales and his exact words were that “production will start in a couple weeks” hoping this holds true and we do see some rolling off the line.

--- End

Maybe a few more weeks?... maybe... May all over again? Man I hope not.
Just thought I would share.
That's likely same head of US sales that gave the "OK" to publish all the other missed dates and send out the order update email.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone checked out Element Fleet Management lately? They are showing 11 July as the start of 2023 Grand Cherokee production. However, it also says 2023 orders opened on 20 June (they did not - so far as I know) and it also says that PHEV engine start-up now won't be until November... Any validity to this? Maybe I am reading this site totally wrong...

Rectangle Font Circle Magenta Art

Site link: https://www.elementfleet.com/resour...ake=Jeep&model=Grand+Cherokee+(New)#view-data

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts

I think this video is a bit crude for real world electric range. He managed to only go 15 miles with 80% charge even though it said he could go 22 miles when he started. I don't know a ton about what I should expect from highway driving vs city/backroads driving but I guess this is what I would have expected from a Wrangler on the highway with the aerodynamics of a box.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The electric motors are for around town/city at lower speeds. Where you use the most gas is when you start out/when you first get the vehicle rolling....that's where you should be using electric....IMO....

·
Registered
281 Posts
The electric motors are for around town/city at lower speeds. Where you use the most gas is when you start out/when you first get the vehicle rolling....that's where you should be using electric....IMO....
Ya I think he was above 80mph at one point and the engine kicked on. Most of the time for me 40mph will be the max (usually drive 5 over on daily commute).

Reactions: Cummins0867

·
Registered
78 Posts
I spoke with my dealer again today, as I needed to figure out a new point of contact since my salesman left the dealership, and I learned I am still in BG status. I spoke with the internet manger there any they have not heard anything at all about 4xe's being built....so yeah....no update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just heard from a local dealer (where I purchased my current Jeep) that 4xe Grand Cherokee can be ordered now, though pricing is not yet available.

Pricing is expected within the next week. If ordered now, they will be given manufacturing priority and may arrive in the September time frame. The national campaign will debut in October thru December 2022, and that would be when dealerships could order inventory themselves.

Can anyone else corroborate this info? The dealership is Hawk CDJ in Chicagoland.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just heard from a local dealer (where I purchased my current Jeep) that 4xe Grand Cherokee can be ordered now, though pricing is not yet available.

Pricing is expected within the next week. If ordered now, they will be given manufacturing priority and may arrive in the September time frame. The national campaign will debut in October thru December 2022, and that would be when dealerships could order inventory themselves.

Can anyone else corroborate this info? The dealership is Hawk CDJ in Chicagoland.
Text sent to my contact. I will let you know what I hear when/if I hear anything.

·
Registered
145 Posts

So what are they doing with the order that have already been placed? They’ve got orders placed in December 2021-March 2022 that haven’t been built

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think Jeep can make over 1000 Grand Cherokee vehicles per day. I've seen quoted several numbers, but now they have two plants/two lines. The previous model sold for the many years in the 15 to 20,000 per month so that 1,000 number was certainly accurate, especially since the same line build Dodge Durango.

How many unfulfilled orders do you think Jeep has for some of their most expensive products that are priced outside the budget of most middle class? 10,000? 20,000? 30,000? I would think closer to the smaller number. If they wanted to prioritize production of certain products, now that they operate two plants/two lines and they don't necessarily share same exact resources with Dodge Durango, they could.

You just gave up on the 4xe too soon, though nobody can blame you after waiting so many months.

·
Registered
281 Posts

Are you talking 2023's or 2022's? I could see maybe 2022's opening back up if they are truly ready to go.

481 - 500 of 517 Posts