Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
501 - 517 of 517 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
I think Jeep can make over 1000 Grand Cherokee vehicles per day. I've seen quoted several numbers, but now they have two plants/two lines. The previous model sold for the many years in the 15 to 20,000 per month so that 1,000 number was certainly accurate, especially since the same line build Dodge Durango.

How many unfulfilled orders do you think Jeep has for some of their most expensive products that are priced outside the budget of most middle class? 10,000? 20,000? 30,000? I would think closer to the smaller number. If they wanted to prioritize production of certain products, now that they operate two plants/two lines and they don't necessarily share same exact resources with Dodge Durango, they could.

You just gave up on the 4xe too soon, though nobody can blame you after waiting so many months.
Yes they can make 1000’s per day and I don’t think have more than 5,000 orders for 2022 4xe (just a guess). I just find it ridiculous that they would start 2023 orders before building any 2022.
I gave up? What are you referring to?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Yes they can make 1000’s per day and I don’t think have more than 5,000 orders for 2022 4xe (just a guess). I just find it ridiculous that they would start 2023 orders before building any 2022.
I gave up? What are you referring to?
Frankly Ill be pissed if we take delivery of a 2022 in July/August after waiting like 8-9 months just for people order today, wait a month or two and take delivery of a 2023s. If they deliver 2023's at all this year Ill be pissed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just heard from a local dealer (where I purchased my current Jeep) that 4xe Grand Cherokee can be ordered now, though pricing is not yet available.

Pricing is expected within the next week. If ordered now, they will be given manufacturing priority and may arrive in the September time frame. The national campaign will debut in October thru December 2022, and that would be when dealerships could order inventory themselves.

Can anyone else corroborate this info? The dealership is Hawk CDJ in Chicagoland.
I'm hearing the same thing from a couple other Chicagland dealers - that the 2023 GC 4xe is close to being available to order. I chatted with my salesperson last night and he said it was starting to show up in the system but that trims weren't loaded yet - he expected some more updates today (haven't heard anything yet). Hoping to place an order ASAP.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Frankly Ill be pissed if we take delivery of a 2022 in July/August after waiting like 8-9 months just for people order today, wait a month or two and take delivery of a 2023s. If they deliver 2023's at all this year Ill be pissed.
Be prepared to be pissed. I’m certain 2023 orders won’t take as long as those of us who ordered in December/January.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Be prepared to be pissed. I’m certain 2023 orders won’t take as long as those of us who ordered in December/January.
Ya I'm sure Ill be pissed. They be like thank you for waiting this entire time...you get what you get and you will like it but for new customers we have lowered the price with more features and also offer thank you cash bonuses for buying the second year model on behalf of the first year model purchasers as we over charged them... Im just messing around... I hope.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Here is what I got back from my contact...

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Electronic device

I did ask about 2022s as the above image is for 2023. They responded with "Can't Order 22's". I am waiting on him to get back to clairfy about the 22s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is what I got back from my contact...

View attachment 5940

I did ask about 2022s as the above image is for 2023. They responded with "Can't Order 22's". I am waiting on him to get back to clairfy about the 22s.
I'm assuming that is consistent with what my contact said about not having any trims available to select yet - thanks for sharing now..won't bother him until a bit later :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ya I'm sure Ill be pissed. They be like thank you for waiting this entire time...you get what you get and you will like it but for new customers we have lowered the price with more features and also offer thank you cash bonuses for buying the second year model on behalf of the first year model purchasers as we over charged them... Im just messing around... I hope.
I expect the 2023 price to be a couple percent higher and the feature set entirely unchanged (though some additional paint colors may eventually be offered).

·
Registered
2022 Grand Cherokee Summit Reserve 4xe
95 Posts
I‘d be pretty surprised if that’s offered at 23 MY launch. Maybe late availability… maybe.

(I have no inside info here, though… just a gut feeling. And the fact that it doesn’t seem to have appeared on any review vehicles yet.)
Yeah, I was taking a sarcastic jab at Jeep there. If they can't even build stuff they've sold it's highly likely they won't be able to build something that isn't for sale yet any time soon.

I am really excited about the active driving assist regardless. It's one of the top reasons I ordered.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you all who confirmed my message. I also asked my contact about the 3 row 4XE and there was nothing official at this time, except they are coming. Probably in the coming years. Who knows, maybe with an extended range.

At this point in my sad life, I will just order the two row and upgrade later.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I know we have mentioned this several times before and we all have been like ya ya... but my dealer (sales manager) just got back from a Detroit training and emailed me that my order may actually transition to a 2023 and to stay tuned. He has told me time and time again that there was no chance it would become a 2023 after a VIN # was assigned but now he seems to be waffling a bit. He said the new orders are scheduled to be built in Aug/Sept (Edit: Aug/Sept he said "stuff we are ordering for Grand Cherokees are scheduled to be built in Aug/Sept"). He didn't specifically say JGC 4xe. Anyways just thought I would share as I feel the longer the delay goes the more likely this has to be the case.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So today I took the ICE Jeep to the stealership, a different one in the Northern Burbs, where I became friends over time with another sales person. He too said that he can order it (2023s), can select options, and has pricing but no estimated time of delivery. Now...we all have heard by now of another dealership, less stealership, famed on the East Coast which offers lower prices. Well, THAT sales team responded that they have no clue what I am talking about:

Hello xxx, I've heard nothing of this . The order system still is not allowing me to place an order or even build one out or see what features are or are not available on specific trims.
Regardless, it seems like there is real movement on this front, though progress is not as fast as we would like.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So today I took the ICE Jeep to the stealership, a different one in the Northern Burbs, where I became friends over time with another sales person. He too said that he can order it (2023s), can select options, and has pricing but no estimated time of delivery. Now...we all have heard by now of another dealership, less stealership, famed on the East Coast which offers lower prices. Well, THAT sales team responded that they have no clue what I am talking about:

Regardless, it seems like there is real movement on this front, though progress is not as fast as we would like.
My gut says its the difference between the gas and 4xe variants. The guy I'm planning to buy from said he's seeing the model in Dealer Connect but can't select the trip (same as the screen shot from brnscofrnld - he sent me essentially the same thing). Or as my contact said, "Yea they’ll take your order and your money and say ohhh wow, looks like we can’t order"

·
Registered
63 Posts
"Yea they’ll take your order and your money and say ohhh wow, looks like we can’t order"
That's basically where we are right now but they were very upfront about it. A refundable deposit to get on the waiting list for placing a 4XE order.

Just had another dealer call me and say that they had an ICE Trailhawk being built for inventory if I was interested in that one.

501 - 517 of 517 Posts