Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if generator charging will be possible? Level 1 with the provided charging cord or even level 2 with a portable level two charger. Was pondering this when thinking about campsite charging possibilities. Also watched this which makes me think it might work:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know if generator charging will be possible? Level 1 with the provided charging cord or even level 2 with a portable level two charger. Was pondering this when thinking about campsite charging possibilities. Also watched this which makes me think it might work:
It can charge off its own engine. No generator needed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can charge off its own engine. No generator needed.
Oh really, enough to provide you with the full power and torque band even if you get to your camp site and the battery is low? I guess the problem I’m solving for is ensuring we have full power & torque available from base camp when on the trail or towing to next location/home.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Oh really, enough to provide you with the full power and torque band even if you get to your camp site and the battery is low? I guess the problem I’m solving for is ensuring we have full power & torque available from base camp when on the trail or towing to next location/home.
It has a clutch on either side of the electric motor. That can allow for the gas engine to be uncoupled from the motor for full electric driving and it can uncouple the motor from the transmission so the engine can do stand-still charging.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It has a clutch on either side of the electric motor. That can allow for the gas engine to be uncoupled from the motor for full electric driving and it can uncouple the motor from the transmission so the engine can do stand-still charging.
Chris,

do you know how this is done? Perhaps where in the manual it is mentioned?
thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts