Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

21 - 41 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
i bought mine for the same reason. I’m waiting for my cybertruck, so I can sell 4xe as soon as my turn is in. With lease you’re stuck until its maturity
You are not. A lease has a payoff just like a finance. I have traded out of leases for the last 15 years. Usually about 2/3 of the way in. No more risk than a finance from a financial standpoint.

I would argue less.

If I get in an accident and turn it back in at the end of the lease they don’t care what the car fax says as long as it is repaired. Ever try to trade in a vehicle with an accident in a carfax report? It stings.

If gas is $1.50 a gallon again (not likely at all with a 3 year lease right now) when I want to trade or turn it in and no one wants a hybrid, I walk away.

If this is a huge flop, electrical nightmare and no one wants one, I flip the keys and walk away.

But you still do have potential upside. If gas is $5.00 a gallon and everyone wants hybrids and the model stays hot (and not from a fire) you can buy for residual or payoff and trade in to make a profit. Have a couple times with High Country Silverado’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
50 Posts
Not sure what people rationale is when leasing Jeeps how in a world you’re staying within 10-12k/year? I’m assuming you’re using it for off-roading trips etc. otherwise what’s the point of getting it over Prius?
Our typical weekend off-road trip is about 800 miles, multi day trips easily over 1k. Winter season comes and you’d be taking it skiing every other weekend. 20-25k/year would be my conservative guess.
I would say the often 800 mile weekend trips are not that typical. I lease mine. Payment is so cheap I cannot justify taking the risk of buying it and it being a flop.

I have 15k a year. 3 year. $58k list. $525 a month.

My wife works from home 3 days a week on average and in the spring to fall she steals the Jeep to tootle around in. So I drive her Lexus we own. If I am going to my office that is farther away (2-3x a week) I split taking her car and the Jeep.

I have leased for so long I know what I have to do to make it work for us.

But in demand vehicles and you can trade out of them if you want. Buy a V6 base Charger and you are probably stuck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I would say the often 800 mile weekend trips are not that typical. I lease mine. Payment is so cheap I cannot justify taking the risk of buying it and it being a flop.

My wife works from home 3 days a week on average and in the spring to fall she steals the Jeep to tootle around in. So I drive her Lexus we own. If I am going to my office that is farther away (2-3x a week) I split taking her car and the Jeep.

But in demand vehicles and you can trade out of them if you want. Buy a V6 base Charger and you are probably stuck.

Okay, we can agree that leasing is not for everyone.
Those monthly payments just irritate me ))

·
Registered
50 Posts
Okay, we can agree that leasing is not for everyone.
Those monthly payments just irritate me ))
Absolutely. Just stroked a sizeable check for the wife’s car so I didn’t have to make pesky payments. But not every one can do that, including me just a few years ago.

·
Registered
11 Posts

The question here is how much did you put down to get that payment?

·
Registered
50 Posts
The question here is how much did you put down to get that payment?
I had $2000 in equity in my JKU. That is it. And my sales tax is in that payment as Indiana is a monthly use tax state. And it was msrp on the 4xe. It is thru US Bank I believe. The like Jeeps and they like Hybrids. Big residual.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Not sure what people rationale is when leasing Jeeps 🤔 how in a world you’re staying within 10-12k/year? I’m assuming you’re using it for off-roading trips etc. otherwise what’s the point of getting it over Prius?
Our typical weekend off-road trip is about 800 miles, multi day trips easily over 1k. Winter season comes and you’d be taking it skiing every other weekend. 20-25k/year would be my conservative guess.
Everyone's situation is unique.
In our case this is my wife's car. She averages about 5k miles per year. Her commute is 3 miles each way and everything she needs is within a 5 mile radius. So this is a way to get her into a Jeep without breaking the bank

That being said.....we are using it for the occasional weekend excursion here and there so we could easily double the annual mileage just by adding in those trips.
I think we have only had it for 5 weeks and it already has over 1400 miles so we might blow past that 10k/year allowance for the first time ever (with the wife's vehicle that is...)

·
Registered
31 Posts
I leased because these deals are crazy good and I wanted a second, fun vehicle.

I'm still keeping my other (paid off) car which I will use mostly to commute to work.

You just can't beat driving a brand new $59k vehicle that was ordered to my exact specifications for $350 a month.

Reactions: mule65

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I leased because these deals are crazy good and I wanted a second, fun vehicle.

I'm still keeping my other (paid off) car which I will use mostly to commute to work.

You just can't beat driving a brand new $59k vehicle that was ordered to my exact specifications for $350 a month.
Hear ya, that’s a great deal! Do you mind sharing how much you put down to get that low of a monthly payment? And do you think you would buy the car at the end of the lease?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hear ya, that’s a great deal! Do you mind sharing how much you put down to get that low of a monthly payment? And do you think you would buy the car at the end of the lease?
I second that!! Would love to know the details of how you got to that payment. I already have some down just because of ordering. But, would love to get to that payment😁

·
Registered
31 Posts
@sandy_rubicon

My Sahara was $57k+ MSRP (pre-MSRP price hike, actual MSRP $59k+)
$1,200 down + taxes & fees
36 mo./10k miles
66% residual
.00203 money factor
$353 per month

I don't plan on buying it at the end, but I may change my mind.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@yeoyeo04 Details on my lease are above. Also, I went through a broker who got me a nice discount off MSRP.

I leased through Chrysler.

Reactions: yeoyeo04

·
Registered
35 Posts
@yeoyeo04 Details on my lease are above. Also, I went through a broker who got me a nice discount off MSRP.
So, I did the affiliate discount, so hoping for 1% bellow invoice. Build was $59k, invoice should be around $56k, $3k down and $7500 incentives should put me right in there🤞

·
Registered
31 Posts
@yeoyeo04 I also did the affiliate discount through Tread Lightly. My total discount including Tread Lightly was about 8.6% off MSRP.

Reactions: yeoyeo04

·
Registered
93 Posts
I think I’m gonna lease. With the electrical issues reported here and the door hinge corrosion issues affecting JL’s in general, I would like to have an out if needed.

·
Registered
33 Posts
@sandy_rubicon

My Sahara was $57k+ MSRP (pre-MSRP price hike, actual MSRP $59k+)
$1,200 down + taxes & fees
36 mo./10k miles
66% residual
.00203 money factor
$353 per month

I don't plan on buying it at the end, but I may change my mind.
I just don’t see how with above terms they came up with $353 monthly, but simple arithmetic ops don’t add up. Anything else I missed?

21 - 41 of 59 Posts