Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
i care not what other persons pay or don't pay .. mega influencers get everything 4 free :p.
just e-joy your new ride ! may everything workout well .

·
Registered
120 Posts
$ 430 for 4 years 10k 4 year extented warrenty. had the money in the pocked but my wife sayed better is. well i don't care i drive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
I think I’m gonna lease. With the electrical issues reported here and the door hinge corrosion issues affecting JL’s in general, I would like to have an out if needed.
I just did the same, and for the same reasons.

I brought home today a new 3-year leased Sahara Unlimited 4XE in Granite color.

It made it home with no issues! :)

The family loves it. As do I!

Thanks for all the input, everyone.

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Tonyb the final negotiated price was $51,9XX. In that particular calculator you're using, you would put the $7,500 in the down payment section. But it's a taxed incentive so keep in mind it's not the full $7,500. Value at the end of the lease is $37,821. Sales tax is 8.3%.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I buy as I want to modify it. If you lease, you need to remove all the mods when you return.. Also, in case there are any issue as reported here, I will just sell/trade it instead of waiting for the lease to end.

·
Registered
17 Posts
@Tonyb the final negotiated price was $51,9XX. In that particular calculator you're using, you would put the $7,500 in the down payment section. But it's a taxed incentive so keep in mind it's not the full $7,500. Value at the end of the lease is $37,821. Sales tax is 8.3%.
Here's roughly your deal in a better calculator which shows your $350 lease payment. Nice research and negotiation work!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, that is possible. Just do not want have any hassels with buyout especially with a bank lease... Overall the interest charges in a lease is still higher than finance, the interst base in lease is higher as well (cap+residual).

You don't have to wait for lease end to get out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
As a first time Jeep owner and since this is Gen 1 of the 4xE, the primary reason I leased is if these Gen 1s turn out to be very problematic (hopefully not!), then I would expect selling one I own could be a harder task - who will pay top dollar (or a decent dollar) for a known-glitchy, problematic car? A lease is finite. If the car is a problem, I can walk away. So for this “peace-of-mind”, I will pay arguably slightly more.

But glass half-full: Assuming it’s a fantastic Jeep with no new/major issues, my grand plan is to trade in the lease on the Sahara for a spec’d out Rubicon in about 2 years!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yes it is on a 3 year lease.
If it's a taxed incentive you're not getting the whole $7,500 right? Say you're paying $500 in taxes on the $7,500, you're only really saving $7,000 in the end.

Reactions: mule65

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am leasing mine (12k x 36) so I can turn the keys at the end of the 3rd year. I will keep it if the market value is higher than the residual at that time. If the 2024 is better than this one, I may get one.

For now, I am enjoying my 4xe, no issues so far. 320 miles on electric out of 498. Not even one tank of gas per month, perfect for my driving needs.

·
Registered
93 Posts
As a first time Jeep owner and since this is Gen 1 of the 4xE, the primary reason I leased is if these Gen 1s turn out to be very problematic (hopefully not!), then I would expect selling one I own could be a harder task - who will pay top dollar (or a decent dollar) for a known-glitchy, problematic car? A lease is finite. If the car is a problem, I can walk away. So for this “peace-of-mind”, I will pay arguably slightly more.

But glass half-full: Assuming it’s a fantastic Jeep with no new/major issues, my grand plan is to trade in the lease on the Sahara for a spec’d out Rubicon in about 2 years!
This is my logic. The 1st gen + known hinge corrosion issue with JL’s have me a bit nervous.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Leased mine. Found out about the deal on the Leasehacker forum.

The $7.5k credit off the the cap cost makes it a real cheap lease on 53k Jeep.

Not sure I would want to own this tech until its really proven. Lots of moving parts and tech.

Heard the 4xe is the hottest selling wrangler yet.
I did the lease with the credit and also the tread lightly credit for being an affiliiate so I ended up saving like 11,300.00 the residual to purchase the jeep after lease end is ridiculously low... and yes the lease payments are very affordable. I truly love the jeep! I have pulled my 3000 lb camper, been off roading and I drive 30 miles per day to work highway so I find it so comfortable compared to previous wranglers. And I just have to say ITS FAST AS HECK! WOW....

41 - 59 of 59 Posts