Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today my 4xe rubicon started assembly. We ordered the 1st week of October. I’ve always been a loyal GM driver and love their vehicles, but I wish GM made an SUV/CUV with higher ride height that isn’t a Yukon. So I ordered the 4xe wrangler as I refuse to go Ford and my wife didn’t want me buying a 4Runner with its ancient styling. I’m really excited to take delivery in a couple weeks, and hopeful many of the problems are resolved. But it got me thinking, what will I miss from driving either our Silverado 2500 or Terrain Denali. Living in the Phoenix area, I’ll miss the ventilated seats…I use them practically every day. I’ll really miss the surround view cameras we have on both GM vehicles….they’re great for parking. I’ll also miss the heads up display the Silverado has. Just wondering what other people miss from their other rides. Technically we’ll keep both other vehicles (truck for towing, road trips, etc and the wife will be trading in the Terrain in the next year)….we’re going to 3 vehicles though

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts
Today my 4xe rubicon started assembly. We ordered the 1st week of October. I’ve always been a loyal GM driver and love their vehicles, but I wish GM made an SUV/CUV with higher ride height that isn’t a Yukon. So I ordered the 4xe wrangler as I refuse to go Ford and my wife didn’t want me buying a 4Runner with its ancient styling. I’m really excited to take delivery in a couple weeks, and hopeful many of the problems are resolved. But it got me thinking, what will I miss from driving either our Silverado 2500 or Terrain Denali. Living in the Phoenix area, I’ll miss the ventilated seats…I use them practically every day. I’ll really miss the surround view cameras we have on both GM vehicles….they’re great for parking. I’ll also miss the heads up display the Silverado has. Just wondering what other people miss from their other rides. Technically we’ll keep both other vehicles (truck for towing, road trips, etc and the wife will be trading in the Terrain in the next year)….we’re going to 3 vehicles though
I too miss my ventilated seats, coming from F250 Lariat. I really miss the pickup bed. I need a trailer. I miss the heaviness of the truck in the wind as the Jeep is tough to drive in a straight line on windy days. I miss the storage room in the cab of the truck. I seriously can’t believe Jeep didn’t build an alcove for the books and little tool bag it comes with. Takes up most of my glove box. That’s all I can think of for now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Congrats on the new 4xe. Seems like a long lead time...we ordered our 4xe Sahara on Oct. 11 and arrived at dealer Nov. 12... (2021)...all kinds of "priority build" stuff listed on build sheet....no idea how/why it came in so quickly.
Either way, should make for a Merry Christmas.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Congrats on the new 4xe. Seems like a long lead time...we ordered our 4xe Sahara on Oct. 11 and arrived at dealer Nov. 12... (2021)...all kinds of "priority build" stuff listed on build sheet....no idea how/why it came in so quickly.
Either way, should make for a Merry Christmas.
we ordered on October 5th. 4xe rubicon, safety and advanced safety, one-touch roof, cold weather package.

·
Registered
2021 Sahara 4xe
217 Posts
Hahaha, this is my fear.

I will miss my road-glued stick shift GTI. The 4xe is the opposite vehicle in almost every way.
I'm moving from a heavily modified Mini Cooper Convertible. I'm also going to miss driving too fast with my ass glued to the road...but in many ways they're also the same...fun, fun to modify, no roof...but drive slow instead of fast...dirt roads instead of paved twisties. I would have kept it if I had more garage space. The Mini required lots of love and care to keep in running smooth, so pretty much a sideways trade on the Jeep there it seems for me.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Always wanted a GTI. But would have been a third car toy buy. You liked it??
Most fun car I ever owned and with the hatch, kind of practical too. Great headroom for a small car. Comfortable interior. And the price is right. I'm 50 and have owned a lot of cars including a fully loaded and stacked 2016 3 Series BMW--the GTI was the most fun car of them all. The only issues were 2: (1) No one in my house would learn to drive stick, and (2) My big golden retreiver tended not to love the smaller trunk area when the seats were up.

If the 4xe doesn't work out, a Golf R (next level up from the GTI) or another GTI would be very high on my list though I'd have to get automatic this time.

Don't ever be on the fence about the GTI. It was killer and VW service was excellent. I had one small issue in 3 years and they took care of it in one day (could have been same day) and put me in a nice loaner.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,209 Posts
Most fun car I ever owned and with the hatch, kind of practical too. Great headroom for a small car. Comfortable interior. And the price is right. I'm 50 and have owned a lot of cars including a fully loaded and stacked 2016 3 Series BMW--the GTI was the most fun car of them all. The only issues were 2: (1) No one in my house would learn to drive stick, and (2) My big golden retreiver tended not to love the smaller trunk area when the seats were up.

If the 4xe doesn't work out, a Golf R (next level up from the GTI) or another GTI would be very high on my list though I'd have to get automatic this time.

Don't ever be on the fence about the GTI. It was killer and VW service was excellent. I had one small issue in 3 years and they took care of it in one day (could have been same day) and put me in a nice loaner.
Great to hear! Thanks for the review, I appreciate that.

·
Registered
5 Posts

Ditto - I've been in my MK6 GTI manual for 10 years and placed an order for my first Jeep (4xe) a couple weeks ago. Was racking my brain trying to come up with what my next car would be and narrowed it down to the new Golf R, M2, or a 997.2. But the more I thought about it, those three would just be an iteration (albeit better) than the GTI.

The GTI has been a super fun car and hated the thought of getting rid of it.....so I convinced my 16 yr old daughter to learn to drive stick. She's reluctant to take the GTI but I told her we can swap from time to time. Looking forward to trying something different and hoping not to regret it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts