Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
That looks really nice and it fits the Sky One Touch. Overkill for me since I prefer hammock / tent camping and will only need to carry two kayaks at once. (My daughter is now a teen and refuses to go to the lake with Dad anymore. My son is still willing to go with me though, so I will take what I can get.) If I ever decide to go the rooftop tent route, this might make sense. But at that point, I would have to spend a lot of time taking on and off the RTT to get any value out of the Sky one touch.

·
Registered
47 Posts
That's really cool. I was curious how someone was going to work around that charging port. I can't quite justify it yet, but I always dream of adventure overloading!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have seen 4 JL’s in Colorado with the Gobi and every one has body damage in the rear quarter panel and rust at the welds.

I really want one, but it needs to be bullet proof and give me an option for a snorkel.

I think the bottom line is that if you have one of these racks you really can wheel with them up and down the rubicon trail.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nah gobi racks suck in terms of rigidity. They have this problem on other platforms Any kind of mid level modular and quick release style racks suffer from flex and gobi is bad one at that. And i saw that they do mess up your quarterpanels because they bang it constantly if your car thrashes at trails.

Should be fine for crawling at malls though, does loon good

1 - 11 of 11 Posts