Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought gorilla glass was supposed to be better yet in less than 2 months I already have a huge crack in my windshield. Happened yesterday from a little rock, no chip, just a big crack.
Land vehicle Window Car Automotive tire Hood

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
1,213 Posts
How do they know how big the rock was? You gotta go find the rock?? A quarter is pretty big, I bet a lot of these chips and cracks won’t qualify based on being caused by a rock smaller than that.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have friend with gorilla glass and has worked well for him.has taken pretty big hits and not cracked.we have a lot of gravel used in the winter and not uncommon to put windshield in every year.nature or the beast with stand up windshield.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How do they know how big the rock was? You gotta go find the rock?? A quarter is pretty big, I bet a lot of these chips and cracks won’t qualify based on being caused by a rock smaller than that.
The absence of the trauma a disqualifying rock would cause isn't there. He should be good to go with the wording of that warranty.

·
Registered
2021 Wrangler 4xe
60 Posts
GG warranty only gives one replacement during the 2 year period.

Oddly, it only covers impact from items between 1" and 3" in size
After the original comes out they won’t fix that one again…it goes in the trash. The new one is covered under the same warranty as if u hadn’t ordered from the factory and ordered it from parts and had it installed. Why would someone who bought as a mopar part get more warranty than someone who bought with car? I’ll let you know when I get my next one, I’m assuming one a year if my luck holds up.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
After the original comes out they won’t fix that one again…it goes in the trash. The new one is covered under the same warranty as if u hadn’t ordered from the factory and ordered it from parts and had it installed. Why would someone who bought as a mopar part get more warranty than someone who bought with car? I’ll let you know when I get my next one, I’m assuming one a year if my luck holds up.
The warranty document is pretty clear that they will only replace the windshield once

"Windshield will only be repaired or replaced once during the warranty period"

·
Registered
2021 4xE Sahara
230 Posts
Talk to Jeep about making the windows more aerodynamic
Problem is there are bunch of boomer farts in the community and in charge of Stellantis who will screech and moan if you modify the holy windshield angle, despite the fact it's been happening slowly for a while. Agreed, it needs to change dramatically. I rented a JL for a month and a stray pebble managed to crack it the windshield. Doesn't take much. I've accepted that it's gonna happen somewhat frequently so the first time it happens I'm just going to invest in the tools necessary to replace them myself.

·
Registered
64 Posts
When I lived in Colorado it didn't matter what type of vehicle I drove, I went through at least 2 windshields per year. I noticed that the offending rock or whatever would nearly always hit the bottom 3 or 4 inches of the windshield so I went to a place that did clear bra and they gave me a piece of scrap and I put in on the very bottom of the windshield. That actually worked and I was able to get through 18 to 24 months with my windshields not having to be replaced.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts