Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I picked up my car last weekend I was surprised that the TPMS was saying the tires were at 43psi. I thought the dealer had simply overfilled them, but then I looked in the door jam and was shocked to see 39psi for the fronts and 42psi for the rears. That seems really high for these. I'm also wondering why the front and rears are different even tho they're the exact same tires. Anyone have any insight?
Font

·
Registered
990 Posts
When I picked up my car last weekend I was surprised that the TPMS was saying the tires were at 43psi. I thought the dealer had simply overfilled them, but then I looked in the door jam and was shocked to see 39psi for the fronts and 42psi for the rears. That seems really high for these. I'm also wondering why the front and rears are different even tho they're the exact same tires. Anyone have any insight? View attachment 8200
Weight of the vehicle is my guess.

My dad's F350 is 60 front, 80 rear... That was fun airing those bad boys back up after beech driving...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Could the over inflation lead to a slow leak? I have had mine for two months, and with the cold weather I am now down to 35 PSI in each tire. The dealer put nitrogen in as well.
They aren't over inflated, that is the recommendation but even a few PSI over the recommended tire pressure doesn't really put them in danger of blowouts or leaks in so far as I know. I recall tires lose like 1 psi per 10 degrees of temperature drop but I don't think Nitrogen is effected by temp. Are yours filled with both air and nitrogen? Do you happen to know what you started with?

·
Registered
20 Posts
My tire pressure gauge is junk so i was trying to use the new feature where the jeep notifies you when you hit the right pressure. I ended up with 45psi in the front and 46in the rear letting the jeep tell me when to stop.
Not sure if this is from the TPMS issue I have where every time I start the car I get TPMS unavailable until I start driving.

·
Registered
3 Posts
They aren't over inflated, that is the recommendation but even a few PSI over the recommended tire pressure doesn't really put them in danger of blowouts or leaks in so far as I know. I recall tires lose like 1 psi per 10 degrees of temperature drop but I don't think Nitrogen is effected by temp. Are yours filled with both air and nitrogen? Do you happen to know what you started with?
Unfortunately I don’t know what I started with. But it did hit -7C here this week. The dealer invoice has Tireguard/Ridegreen, so I assume it is all Nitrogen. I found a place that will fill them for $5 a tire with N, and will keep track from now on

1 - 6 of 6 Posts