Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know my experience with a lease broker, Abe from Clutch. Ordered my 4xe Rubicon back 9/29, process was super easy and Abe got me a great price - 10% off MSRP, with residual and MF lock. He put me in touch with the dealership directly and they honored everything, even got a better MF when the Jeep was delivered. My Jeep gets delivered on Friday and I can’t wait. If you’re looking for a great deal, reach out to him. Couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Excuse my ignorance on leasing... but what's the advantage over purchasing? I see a LOT of people leasing the 4xe and I'm curios as I'm contemplating selling my current 4xe and ordering a 22... maybe I should consider leasing it instead?

·
Registered
70 Posts
How does the total cost overall compare if you later decide to buy the vehicle?
Depends on local taxes, what your interest rate would be, current incentives, etc.

With a lease, there's an acquisition fee for inception. In some regions that is waived, in some regions it is $595, in some it is $895. That's a cost you don't have with a purchase. Then it comes down to comparing the rent charge on the lease (equivalent to the amount paid in interest) vs any interest paid if you had financed the purchase.

An easy option is to do a one-pay lease; essentially pay the whole lease up front. If you do this, you get a pretty sizeable reduction in rent charge. At the current rates, if you did a one pay, you'd essentially at parity with financing at .9% APR.

The math works out sometimes to do that. Sometimes it doesn't. You'd need to compare numbers on your particular situation to see what it really is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts