Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know my experience with a lease broker, Abe from Clutch. Ordered my 4xe Rubicon back 9/29, process was super easy and Abe got me a great price - 10% off MSRP, with residual and MF lock. He put me in touch with the dealership directly and they honored everything, even got a better MF when the Jeep was delivered. My Jeep gets delivered on Friday and I can’t wait. If you’re looking for a great deal, reach out to him. Couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Excuse my ignorance on leasing... but what's the advantage over purchasing? I see a LOT of people leasing the 4xe and I'm curios as I'm contemplating selling my current 4xe and ordering a 22... maybe I should consider leasing it instead?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
How does the total cost overall compare if you later decide to buy the vehicle?
Depends on local taxes, what your interest rate would be, current incentives, etc.

With a lease, there's an acquisition fee for inception. In some regions that is waived, in some regions it is $595, in some it is $895. That's a cost you don't have with a purchase. Then it comes down to comparing the rent charge on the lease (equivalent to the amount paid in interest) vs any interest paid if you had financed the purchase.

An easy option is to do a one-pay lease; essentially pay the whole lease up front. If you do this, you get a pretty sizeable reduction in rent charge. At the current rates, if you did a one pay, you'd essentially at parity with financing at .9% APR.

The math works out sometimes to do that. Sometimes it doesn't. You'd need to compare numbers on your particular situation to see what it really is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
they were doing rate and MF locks back then? they don't seem to be locking them now and you are at the mercy of the change in 3-4 months when the vehicle comes in. I'm on the fence whether to take that gamble or not....

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
they were doing rate and MF locks back then? they don't seem to be locking them now and you are at the mercy of the change in 3-4 months when the vehicle comes in. I'm on the fence whether to take that gamble or not....
They were doing rv locks, not mf.

They haven't been able to do rv locks because there haven't been 2022 lease programs to lock.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I keep seeing post like this about abe from clutch. Could you help me understand what this lease broker is about? It sounds like people are getting amazing deals. I'm getting ripped off from local dealers for trying to lease a 21 rubicon 4xe. All payments are in high 700's to 900's for 36 to 48 months. I've leased once before but still new. How does this lease broker abe from clutch actually work? Thanks for any help?

Hi everyone. Just wanted to let everyone know my experience with a lease broker, Abe from Clutch. Ordered my 4xe Rubicon back 9/29, process was super easy and Abe got me a great price - 10% off MSRP, with residual and MF lock. He put me in touch with the dealership directly and they honored everything, even got a better MF when the Jeep was delivered. My Jeep gets delivered on Friday and I can’t wait. If you’re looking for a great deal, reach out to him. Couldn’t be happier.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Clutch has a handful of dealers across the country with prearranged deals with. He brings them business and gets rates that may not otherwise be available, doesn't require any negotiation, etc. All the brokers charge a broker fee for their services. Basically, you'd send him the configuration you're after, he'd arrange the details with the dealer, and they reach out to confirm. All the actual vehicle paperwork, vehicle payment, etc is handled directly with the dealer. When it comes time to ship, clutch facilitates that for you.

You can read a bunch of reviews here

·
Registered
33 Posts
also if youre in the northeast you can go through my dealer. 3% under invoice. Took about 5k off msrp on my sahara 4xe before any other incentives or rebates. No broker fees. build your vehicle and send the build and save yourself some %. straight forward. shoot me a DM

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rate, yes.. MF no.. I did my deal with clutch in September and MF could not be locked and I never spoke to any broker or dealership out of probably 20+ that would lock MF.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clutch has a handful of dealers across the country with prearranged deals with. He brings them business and gets rates that may not otherwise be available, doesn't require any negotiation, etc. All the brokers charge a broker fee for their services. Basically, you'd send him the configuration you're after, he'd arrange the details with the dealer, and they reach out to confirm. All the actual vehicle paperwork, vehicle payment, etc is handled directly with the dealer. When it comes time to ship, clutch facilitates that for you.

You can read a bunch of reviews here

I did a TON of research and ended up with Clutch! 9.5% off MSRP with FCA #. 2021 Sahara and no $ down ended up payments at 275.00. Clutch was amazing. Don't know what deal you could get directly with dealership. Talk to Thomas at Mark Dodge in Lake Charles Louisiana. Otherwise, the 400.00 I paid Clutch saved me WAY more in the long run.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts