Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 days into my new 4xe, and I am experiencing many of the glitches in the electronics (dashboard and touchscreen) that I have read on this forum: disappearing backup camera guidelines, dark screen on startup, engine firing up for a few seconds even in hybrid mode with 50% battery charge (and not in rapid acceleration). Frustrating thing is that these anomalies are not consistent or predictable, so very difficult to identify cause. Very surprised to read in several posts that new owners found numbers of fuses not properly seated, thus producing strange electrical behavior. How can that be? Recognize that this is the first year for the new hybrid Jeep, but heck, Jeep guys, seems like more testing might have been done. Into the service department tomorrow, and hope I won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
325 Posts
A Guardian Angle Bell is a start to keep the Gremlins away but be aware it can attract the T-Rex ! 🦖

·
Registered
357 Posts
The engine starting is normal. It will sometimes start in hybrid mode. It usually doesn't in electric mode unless the throttle position requires it.

I have a route that I take frequently, and if I'm in hybrid the engine will kick on in the exact same spot and then warms itself up.

What I have noticed, if it hasn't been driven in some hours, is that it turns on when I'm coming to a stop and at idle. My guess is that it is looking for an efficient time to warm up the engine and flow oil without a load. It doesn't even feel like it's connected to the drive train. RPMS stay constant no matter the speed.

Normally, I keep electric mode on if I know I'm not going to use up the electric range. I think it's better to stay hybrid if you know you are going on a longer range trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts