Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I have recently purchased the Grizzl-e and after having my electrician install my 50amp 14-50 outlet was ready for Level 2 charging bliss! Unfortunately all we have been able to coax out of my charging unit is a flashing blue light and a 4xe that says there is a problem with the charging unit. I have made a pass through all of the DIP settings with no different result. I have emailed tech support but thought I would ask the group to see if there is something you might have experienced that I am missing.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the outlet okay? wrong wireing maybe? ground fault ?
It was a pretty straight forward process electrically. If it was ground faulted would it blink red? It alternates blue and purple when not pugged in (I have the WiFi version), which I think is normal, but not sure...no experience.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the jeep charge OK with other level 2 chargers? I use the Grizzl-e without issue. Wondering if there is an issue with the charger itself.
This is the first time I have put it on a Level 2 charger. So I don’t have an answer for that. I did plug in the Supplied Level 1 and it coupled right up and began the charge process. The light in the 4xe receptacle is blinking Blue as well with the Level 2 connected. It is of course blinking a nice green while charging with Level 1.

·
Registered
2021 Jeep Sahara 4xe
8 Posts
This is the first time I have put it on a Level 2 charger. So I don’t have an answer for that. I did plug in the Supplied Level 1 and it coupled right up and began the charge process. The light in the 4xe receptacle is blinking Blue as well with the Level 2 connected. It is of course blinking a nice green while charging with Level 1.
I have also been using the Grizzl-e for about a month now without incident. I like the idea by Sjbiss - give another level 2 charger a try.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I recommend finding a public L2 charger to see if you are able to charge. If so, I would contact Grizzl-e. If not,the dealership will have to take a look.

·
Registered
429 Posts
plug in first the charger into the 4xe , then plug in the charger into the outlet ...maybe that works

plan B: check for charge delay on the jeep and your charger if there is any.
plan C: plug in (blue light , right !) press the car start button 2x without pressing the brake.

check the fuse and relays to be seated.

24 GETTING TO KNOW YOUR VEHICLE
SCHEDULE BYPASS
NOTE:
If the vehicle is turned off outside of the charging
window, a radio pop-up message will be displayed.
The pop-up message asks the driver if they would
like to “Charge Now?” and provides the next
charging schedule start time and estimated time to
charge the battery to 100%. If within one hour of
selecting “Yes”, the vehicle is connected to a
powered EVSE, the vehicle will immediately begin
to charge (temporarily ignoring any set charge
schedule). To fully deactivate the charge schedule,
select the “Enable Schedule” checkbox until the
check mark is removed from the box.
The charging schedule can also be overridden if
the EVSE is plugged in, unplugged, and then
plugged in a second time to the vehicle. This
double plug sequence will override the set
schedule in the Hybrid Electric Pages App, and
begin charging the vehicle immediately. The
double plug sequence must be completed within
10 seconds for it to override the programmed
schedule.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hi All, I have recently purchased the Grizzl-e and after having my electrician install my 50amp 14-50 outlet was ready for Level 2 charging bliss! Unfortunately all we have been able to coax out of my charging unit is a flashing blue light and a 4xe that says there is a problem with the charging unit. I have made a pass through all of the DIP settings with no different result. I have emailed tech support but thought I would ask the group to see if there is something you might have experienced that I am missing.
Not sure this going to be helpful, but I just had my Grizzl-e WiFi version installed outside by an electrician. It’s maybe 30 feet from the house and the router is on the other side of the house. I still have not received delivery of my Jeep but the installation was straight forward until we attempted the wifi connection. Long story short, after calling the company and going through steps they recommended and that are in the manual, we determined that the wifi signal was too weak at the box, even though my iPhone was showing a good signal. The light on the box is blinking alternating blue/purple which is supposed to indicate that the box is capable of charging but is not wifi connected. I then decided to upgrade the wifi system in the house to a mesh system and will be putting a node closer to the Grizzl-e, so I am hoping that cure the issue.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My Grizzl-e WiFi had a weird issue where I would get an error on the Jeep if I plugged it in before 5pm. After contacting their tech support, they found that the charger had a schedule profile applied to it. They cleared the profile and it has worked properly for the past couple of months. I'd suggest contacting their support, they are very responsive. But, keep reading.

My charger as worked fine since they reset it. Until today, that is. Now I'm getting an error on the Jeep and a flashing blue light on the charger. I wanted to see what the error code was, but the web portal at acharger.ca is down. If the charger working properly depends on the web portal being up, that might make me regret my purchase of the smart charger. Anyhow, their tech support might be busy at the moment if the web portal is down.

·
Registered
124 Posts
if your app has eco settings / co2 or what ever, turn them to off
When I bought the the smart version of the Grizzl-e, my understanding was that for a
relatively modestly increased price I was buying some future proofing....my utility company in NY does not currently offer any program that would engage the wifi capability to adjust the charging timing etc in return for reduced rates. So, if I encounter any of the difficulties being described here I would just turn the wifi off.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, I ended up using the level 1 charger overnight.

As of this morning, the web portal at acharger.ca is back up and my Grizzl-e Smart is working again. So apparently it needs to contact their web portal to work.

To answer Cotton317's question above, if it is flashing blue and purple, that means it's not connected to the portal. If the wifi is set up and the charger is registered at acharger.ca, it should be flashing blue/light blue when not plugged into the Jeep. Their tech support responded quickly to my problem, so hopefully they get back to you quickly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.