• Dude, this mopar 2" is legit!

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look, most of us either lust after a lift or are actually planning on a lift!

Mopar 2" lift is not up for discussion!

My question to you is...

Has anyone actually pulled the trigger on a real long arm lift or a serious short arm lift?

To hell with the warranty, street manners, savings account and internet searches.

I am going to pull the trigger on a short arm lift with Johnny joints!

I just can't stomach doing a lift twice. If I can actually do a long arm I will!

Now, for the lift size vs added weight of the battery... for me it's less important as I will be doing the EVO coilover will King shocks. I can change springs and have them valved to accommodate the extra weight and lift size.

The blue springs... definitely going to work with the 4xe theme.

Yes, I am aware that the aftermarket just got these, they are heavier, driveshafts are different lengths than standard JLU, electric range will suffer, I have to regear, yada yada yada.

What say you 4xe forum members?

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Imma Mall Crawler, so I’m subscribing to watch you lab rat your 4xe. 🤟🏻
I almost pulled the trigger on King shocks all around plus steering stabilizer on my 2017 F250 but cost was just too much. That thing unloaded was crazy bouncy. Traded it for my 4xe so glad I didn’t. You can never recoup those add on’s fully. Everything I read said King was really great stuff. Good luck, I’m sure I’ll be jealous of your setup when it’s done!

·
Registered
2021 4xe Rubicon sting grey
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey shakes,
My other vehicle is a 2020 ram 2500 ccsb 6.7 Cummins on 6" lift and 37's. Ya unloaded the 3/4 to 1 ton trucks ride like a brick. I didn't do coilovers on rhe ram for a reason... I fully expect to use it as a truck. Once loaded she rides like a dream.

For the 4xe and Jeeps in general there are people who will pay top dollar for sick ass shit. However recouping my investment is not my motivation.

My motivation is to have as much fun and enjoy everything I can before I go for a dirt nap.

Now we all are eligible for the $7500 Federal tax credit. For me that's money from the sky and as such should be returned into the economy via my local off road parts shop.

I want to roll the hammers on full electric... no magazine articles, no internet reads, no cool guy story...

Now realistically it's a pile of cash in just suspension... ya I can't afford it right now. Hell, I can't even afford to have a shop install it. This I can do...minimal cutting and welding, I got that shit no prob.

That's Evo's JLU. These guys are out of control with a solid coilover setup.

The kit alone is just a little more than the rebate.

I might do tons at some point... at the end of the day I was looking to see who's going to use this as a Jeep because honestly it's a mediocre hybrid. I bought it for the power rating! 470 ft-lbs of torque is a decent number.

·
Registered
2021 Rubicon 4xe
524 Posts
Hey shakes,
My other vehicle is a 2020 ram 2500 ccsb 6.7 Cummins on 6" lift and 37's. Ya unloaded the 3/4 to 1 ton trucks ride like a brick. I didn't do coilovers on rhe ram for a reason... I fully expect to use it as a truck. Once loaded she rides like a dream.

View attachment 1216

For the 4xe and Jeeps in general there are people who will pay top dollar for sick ass shit. However recouping my investment is not my motivation.

My motivation is to have as much fun and enjoy everything I can before I go for a dirt nap.

Now we all are eligible for the $7500 Federal tax credit. For me that's money from the sky and as such should be returned into the economy via my local off road parts shop.

I want to roll the hammers on full electric... no magazine articles, no internet reads, no cool guy story...

Now realistically it's a pile of cash in just suspension... ya I can't afford it right now. Hell, I can't even afford to have a shop install it. This I can do...minimal cutting and welding, I got that shit no prob.

View attachment 1215

That's Evo's JLU. These guys are out of control with a solid coilover setup.

The kit alone is just a little more than the rebate.

I might do tons at some point... at the end of the day I was looking to see who's going to use this as a Jeep because honestly it's a mediocre hybrid. I bought it for the power rating! 470 ft-lbs of torque is a decent number.
Yep, I’m with you all the way on having fun and going for it! I’m looking forward to what you do with the 4xe. That red, white and blue JL is super cool. 👍🏻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts