Jeep Wrangler 4xe Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone actually flat towed their Jeep4xe behind their RV? Plan to?
‘What brake controller are you using?
I am looking at the BlueOx 3 controller Because of ease of installation and simplicity.
‘The BlueOx 3 manual reads
“Installation Notes
When installing the Patriot 3® on hybrids/vehicles with continuous power assist brakes you must do the following:
1. With the brake plugged in and turned on, use the remote to access the “FORCE” adjustment screen. 2. Use left button to lower the Force setting all the way past 0 until you see “H” for Hybrid mode.”

The Jeep Hybrid supplement does not address flat towing the 4xe or continuous power assist brakes.

Does anyone know if the 4xe has “continuous power assist brakes”? This system provides boost power to the brake, even when the car is in the OFF position. So you still have power brakes, even with the car not running. Apparently some hybrid vehicles have this Feature.

Does anyone have a phone number for a Jeep Technical Rep, that they can share? You can send me a private message.

Thank you.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Where I said OFF above, I should have said ACC, as the steering Wheel needs to be unlocked To tow 4flat.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Where I said OFF above, I should have said ACC, as the steering Wheel needs to be unlocked To tow 4flat.
I have the same question. I'm currently using the RoadMaster "BrakeMaster" system which uses the RV air brakes to activate the TOAD brakes and it lists the same caution. I too have searched very thoroughly and haven't found the answer. fyi, RoadMaster told me to read the manual and Jeep says nothing.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have the same question. I'm currently using the RoadMaster "BrakeMaster" system which uses the RV air brakes to activate the TOAD brakes and it lists the same caution. I too have searched very thoroughly and haven't found the answer. fyi, RoadMaster told me to read the manual and Jeep says nothing.
I called the Jeep Help line and asked them the question. I got a copy of the towing instructions in the owner’s manual. No reference to the 4xe. I have replied and asked if these same instructions apply to the 4xe and received no answer yet. Stay tuned.
‘So when I get my Jeep home in a couple of days, i will do some testing.
‘This concerns me, from page 153 of the owners manual:
The system will automatically time out and the ignition will cycle to the OFF mode after
30 minutes of inactivity if the ignition is left in the ACC or RUN (engine not running) mode and the transmission is in PARK.

‘Does this mean the steering wheel will lock up after it goes in the OFF position?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So I have answered some of my own questions, with additional research, as I went along. Sorry about that.
1. The Jeep steering column does not lock, so the Jeep can be towed with the ignition in the OFF position. Take the fob with you.
2. My initial concern about the steering and brake pump working is not a problem, because it will be towed in the OFF position.
3. My concern about a brake controller that worked with Hybrids is off the table.

it appears to me now, that with 4 wheels down, transfer case in Neutral, transmission in Park and ignition in the OFF position, the 4xe should tow like any other Jeep.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have answered some of my own questions, with additional research, as I went along. Sorry about that.
1. The Jeep steering column does not lock, so the Jeep can be towed with the ignition in the OFF position. Take the fob with you.
2. My initial concern about the steering and brake pump working is not a problem, because it will be towed in the OFF position.
3. My concern about a brake controller that worked with Hybrids is off the table.

it appears to me now, that with 4 wheels down, transfer case in Neutral, transmission in Park and ignition in the OFF position, the 4xe should tow like any other Jeep.
Please let us know if this works.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts